Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last saturday my car sucked up some water, engine died i let the filter dry and started it back up and success the car was runnin, well it popped a CEL and it turned out to be misfire so i checked the spark plugs and they had a bit of corrosion so i replaced them and put some wd40 over the pistons and everything turned out fine. two days later or so the CEL comes back on and then my car started to sound like a cammed STI (gotta admit it sounded cool) so then the car goes into limp mode and at higher rpms the exhaust starts smoking and smelling. it goes into the dealer tomorrow cuz thank god i have warranty but my question is if its possible that they would have to replace the motor. or what do you think messed up?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Warranty will not cover Hydro locking. You have to report it to your insurance company.

How did you get water in it?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
+1 The warranty will not cover you hydrolocking you car. The only thing you might be able to do is not tell them what happened. They may not figure out you did it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Wait... you put WD-40 in your engine?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put the stock intake back on and im not gonna tell them i hydrolocked just to be on the safe side, o n yes i did, in my autoshop class they taught me that incase of a misfire, to spray just a tiny bit of wd40 over the pistons, but just a little, i know sounds retarted but yea...

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
WD-40 is an old trick from back in the day. I've never heard of it done in a new car, but it worked well in older ones.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did this happen?

Im just curious so I can avoid it happening to me.
avoid puddles lol....my friends and i were going to sum party and it just finished raining the night before so as we're driving at night on the freeway i saw a huge puddle and i couldnt slow down in time so i went through it and the car died.....party foul imo cuz we missed the party lol

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

WD-40 is an old trick from back in the day. I've never heard of it done in a new car, but it worked well in older ones.
thank u! someone knows wat im talking about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.