Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my brand new Injen CAI/SRI as the short ram.
I want to go install the secondary intake tomorrow but should I wait until I get a hydroshield or is it that big of a deal?
Any pointers are highly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Installed my brand new Injen CAI/SRI as the short ram.
I want to go install the secondary intake tomorrow but should I wait until I get a hydroshield or is it that big of a deal?
Any pointers are highly appreciated!
Ive heard of like a cover for a filter, but im not too sure, just dont go rollin through a creek .... not sure, im rollin sri...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
you should be fine...when i had my intake i bottomed out in a puddle and the filter was soaking wet and the car ran fine
LOL Not recommended though. Running a short ram you shouldn't have to worry about anything water wise.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I got my full cai installed while it was raining all day. on the way home i went through numerous puddles. it will be fine until the hydro shield comes. as long as you be safe with it

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
speaking of hydroshields, i dont wanna spend like 40 bucks on one so is there anything else i can use? like some stockings or something lol idk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So i heard on another forum, of a way to keep water out without a hydroshield, they said to put a condom over the filter, cant say it works though just read it once

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

I am using a hydroshield on mine for the record

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay I'm going to install the secondary intake so that I will be running a cold air intake until I order a hydroshield...
It's super dry here but when it rains it comes down hard lol but I think it will be fine until I get my hydroshield personally =)
Thanks everyone for the much needed advice ^-^

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I have a Spectre filter on the end of my modified stock SS/SC intake. I pulled it off a few months back - it was wet on the inside of the filter, and all around disgusting looking...put a K&N drycharger on it, and called it good. Hydroshields FTW!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
actually i have a drycharger if yo u want to be technical, and ebay is way cheaper, make sure you get the right size, i had to buy the K&N drycharger bc my Fujita filter is too big for the Injen hydroshield

·
Registered
667 Posts
I do not have a Hyrdoshield...
you also dont have opening in your bumper.

If you have grills or foglights, I reccomend it. My Ex's cobalt had a CAI and had problems where it was sucking water in and throwing codes and riding badly until I got her a hydroshield.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yep - mine is wide open - perfect for sucking in air. And water. And snow. And salt. And babies.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I installed the secondary pipe last night...
I'll prolly order a hydroshield just to be on the safe side =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.