Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hi people i have an 07 cobalt ss supercharged...rally yellow :cheesy: ok now today i was driving in third gear i cluched in accelerated and let go of da cluch and adeed gas fast i though i was spining while moving so it didnt go no where so i let off all pedals XD so i think it burn maybe for 5 sec max the smell was like burnt suger of some sort so i got all worried n shit idk im a new driver did i screw it up already? need help fast oh and btw after i drove it again didnt seem to do any damage so idk and if anyone knows how did i **** up tell me PLZ

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
So, basically what you did, is you pushed the clutch in, gave it gas, and released the clutch. What happened sounds completely normal for doing what you did.

·
Registered
381 Posts
possibly smoked the clutch...if you did it will smell something like burnt brakes almost smells like burnt plastic when i smoked mine. i did that the first week i had my car but the clutch was getting ready to go anyway i could tell that. i had to get mine replaced after that which sucked but she rides beautifully now!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have a feeling OP went into panic mode on an incline or something, and probably overdid it on the throttle and slipped it too much.

Generally a burned clutch facing smells like burning paper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohhhh so no i wasnt in any incline i just cluched it it had a sweet smell XD and yes i have a new one i have a blk cobalt lt sedan and a SS i can send pics too prove it XD

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Spell Check...

Punctuation...

Please.

But you say you have an SS?

hmmm....

Did you get a new car?
yes i did get a new one im soon to get a LS version too since im a true fan of chevy XD umm idk if i should get the xfe? but hey oh my dad is looking for the 2009 SS sedan its quite hard to find and im sorry for my spelling so yea i got all scared about the cluch thing

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I have a feeling OP went into panic mode on an incline or something, and probably overdid it on the throttle and slipped it too much.

hmm maybe i did i throttled it it slipped hit the maxed rpms and i let off after i was not in any incline im in los angeles downtown so hardly any inclines it did smell weired i tell u wat at 1st i thought it was the wheels but nope it was something else how can i avoid this issue any help?

·
Registered
381 Posts

this Is what I did kinda...didn't let off the clutch quick enough and ended up grabbing at 5000 rpm..cost 1100 to fix but only had to pay 550...lucked put... Next time you go up a hill when you get to forth try to give it a little more gas than normal and watch your tack when you do this...if it slips you'll know...that's how I found out mine was slipping. Went to pass someone going up a hill and it slipped...best of luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.