Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151403256007097

Just having some fun...buddy of mine picked up a really clean blue on blue '91 Eclipse GSX 5-spd.

Got it leak free, did a tune up...found out it had an EvoIII 16G on it already with a K&N open element filter, everything else being stock and having pretty low mileage (I think around 120~k)...running just shy of 14~ psi at the shift...running it around 6500 or so...deleted EVAP, a bunch of misc. brackets, cleaned up the engine bay, blahblahblah.

Anywho, did a 50~ roll last night...went to about 100~ ish...GSX had me by like half a car and was creeping away PRETTY slow. I was really impressed honestly since we were just screwing around. The real race was the GSX against my other buddy's 1G Laser with full exhaust, FMIC, 18~psi, and some other babbles/bolt-ons.

I think with a tune, header/DP/LE5 TB...It'd be a really good roll race :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151403256007097

Just having some fun...buddy of mine picked up a really clean blue on blue '91 Eclipse GSX 5-spd.

Got it leak free, did a tune up...found out it had an EvoIII 16G on it already with a K&N open element filter, everything else being stock and having pretty low mileage (I think around 120~k)...running just shy of 14~ psi at the shift...running it around 6500 or so...deleted EVAP, a bunch of misc. brackets, cleaned up the engine bay, blahblahblah.

Anywho, did a 50~ roll last night...went to about 100~ ish...GSX had me by like half a car and was creeping away PRETTY slow. I was really impressed honestly since we were just screwing around. The real race was the GSX against my other buddy's 1G Laser with full exhaust, FMIC, 18~psi, and some other babbles/bolt-ons.

I think with a tune, header/DP/LE5 TB...I think It'd be a really good roll race :)
BIG red X!!

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

GSX's are nice, and are pretty quick with a evoIII 16g on them. Is it a large 16g or a small 16g?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
unavailable on facebook. probably not public

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
the evoIII 16g's spooled 150rpms later than the 14b stock turbo's on the 1g's. So there really wasn't much of a difference in spooling, it was the power output that made the biggest difference. And an Ebay 16g.. those are always hit and miss. Be careful. Tell him if he blows it up and wants an AMAZING turbo, get the 6.5TME evo turbo. he won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If that didn't work, again.

Well, then I'll just upload it to the Tube when I get home in a couple hours.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
lol it's all good. Come run me now! Then you can say you beat an Evo!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.