Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There, I said it! Ok guys help me out here. I hae no idea what I drive. I bought it with an LT badge on it but the guys at the Chevy dealer keep on calling it an LT3? Is there a place where I can like type in my VIN number and see if I have the LAP, LSJ etc. motor and what tranny? I never knew there were so many abbreviations. lol Help a brotha out.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
441 Posts
shouldnt it tell u wht kind of car u have or drive in ur owners manual. and ya u can do it with the vinnumber. when i got my car a loan of course....the loan adviser needed the win number so she could tell what type/kind of car it was.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yep, just looked at your garage pic, its a sport. . .basically a LT with a SS bodykit, SC Wheels, and a sunroof.lol
may be referred to as a 3LT. . .don't know, but it's a sport...lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea but they shorted me a sunroof! lol I wish this car was a manual. soooo much mmore fun to drive, but for 10k I can deal with it. I just wanna know if the motor is a, LNF, LAP whatever!.....2.2 Liter obviously.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
if its a 09 LT then it would be a LAP..06 and below are L61's..Supercharged are LSJ's, LNF are Turbocharged

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohhhh got ya. I just wanted to know in case one of the Honda boys asked what I was
'runnin' lol. I never race, but they always ask cause it looks like an SS. I can dream right?

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Yep. Just tell them it's a Sport. Which, if 1 year older, would have had the 2.4L in it. And that, for 06 and 07 anyway, was called an SS. However, after 08, they axed the motor. :cry: lol

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hey even if it was only 20 hp, 20 hp is 20 hp. Us 2.2l guys, maybe just me, kill for that extra 20 hp lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
Its an 09 lt3. the sport model from 09 down still had the 2.4l. the lt's with the ss body have the 2.2l lap and r called lt3s. mines an 07 lt3 with sport package, which is different than 08+ sports. it still has a 2.2l l61 but has 140mph white gauges instead and no top end limiter. jesus chevy, y does this shit have to be so complicated...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah... 2.4 sport, lt3 w/ sport appearance... I just call them the fake SS, or SS poser edition lolz.

All kidding aside, as was previously stated you have an LAP motor, which I believe is good for 155 hp and 150 lb/ft of torque at the crank.

Your car also has the 4T45 4-spd, the only auto tranny offered.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
There, I said it! Ok guys help me out here. I hae no idea what I drive. I bought it with an LT badge on it but the guys at the Chevy dealer keep on calling it an LT3? Is there a place where I can like type in my VIN number and see if I have the LAP, LSJ etc. motor and what tranny? I never knew there were so many abbreviations. lol Help a brotha out.:bigsmile:
Plain and simple here go to end this thread of confusion
2.0 L Turbo LNF I4 2008-2010
2.0 L S/C LSJ I4 2005-2007
2.2 L L61 I4 205-2008 (on all LS, LT, LTZ, and anyother trim with the letter L)
2.4 L LE5 I4 2005-2008 (in the SS/NA version as we call it. On 2008 this car was called the cobalt sport. It was dropped in 2009)
2.2 L LAP I4 2009-2010 (This is in all cobalts in 2009-2010 except the turbocharged versions)

It can be an LT3 with an LT badge. He also has the F23 trans if its a manual. I don't know the name of the auto. And whatever gauge cluster it has doesn't matter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.