Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And my tire pretty much immediately blew up. So, now I'm at Les Schwab so they can put another one of their sh---y tires back on. I have been here over 5 times in the 8 months I've had these tires, lame! Does everybody else have trouble with tires frequently?

On the plus side (I guess,) got new brakes and rotors the other day.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
No, but I dont frequently run over curbs either. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My youngest did the same thing yesterday and bent the rear rim all to hell. It took me over and hour with the sledge to straighten the rim. Re-inflated the tire and took her out for a high speed cruise and she doesn't shake or waddle. Only time will tell if it will hold air. Meanwhile I'll be on the lookout for a 15" 4 lug Cobalt steelie.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! Hey now! I haven't done it before. A nail attacked it the last time ;)

Oooh, that's not good... I am lucky that it didn't bend the rim. I was meeting a guy to sell him my aquarium and luckily he helped me put a spare on immediately.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah curbs and Cobalts don't seem to mix very well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was the tires. They are kinda cheap... I was not expecting catching a curb a little would totally rip the thing apart. Oh but it did cause a long dent on the underside too, so that must have been a hardcore curb, lol.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Sucky on the dent (and tire) can you pound it out?

·
Registered
675 Posts
haha id like to know the same :p

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I slammed a curb being an idiot with my 5.0 stang and never blew up a tire. The cheapness of your tires probably doesn't help

·
Registered
191 Posts
^^^^^^This guy right hurr.

I don't understand why people are always hitting curbs. Unless you're driving a 5.0.. Then you should be running into everything. It's the Civic of the domestic muscle car world. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
300whp and I wasn't ready for it to go sideways like it did. I'll fess up and tell you it was driver inexperience. But I needed to get experience somehow :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Watch out for those curbs... They are always causing trouble

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
They just jump right out at ya

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car was screaming towards it full throttle at roughly five miles an hour, haha! I was just pulling into a spot at the end of the lot at a normal pace, but some lady was in my way so I was paying more attention to her dumb ass, and turned too wide into the spot.

Seriously must have just been a messed up, old curb. Of course I have driven over partial parts of other curbs once in awhile, but I had absolutely no problem whatsoever before...

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Les Schwab fixed it for free, but was punctured/ripped in a spot about an inch long. So I guess it didn't really blow up, lol, but was pretty bad

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.