Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok was at the car club meet last night. This guy tells me how to fix the 3cm gap i have on my CF hood. Let me know if this sounds crazy.

Ok to start off looking at the front of my car. Open the hood. The far right panel on the body of my car, Needs to be adjusted. There are 4 bolts,2 on top and 2 on the very bottom near the tire from what im told.

Take all 4 bolts off and this will make it lose. THen have someone hold a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth inbetween the windshield and the panel.

Once your that far begin to push the panel towards the hood and it will begin to bend in towards the hood. Once you have that done drill two holes into the frame past the previous 2 holes. Then bolt your new spots down and it should sit flush against your hood.

Sorry if this confuses anyone. It confused me to. I'm thinking about doing it

·
Registered
328 Posts
you can make almost anything fit by adjusting adjacent panels but the main concern is just not doing it to much ... if you adjust the fenders all the way either direction and the hood back and forth and still looks crappy then you got a bad hood... but you can almost always get reasonable gaps by adjusting hinges, fenders and the hood...

a good hood will "Almost" line up itself by that i mean only minor adjustments to get the gaps even you shouldnt have to wrestle with the fenders...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.