Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SS/TC is my first manual, just got it about a week or so ago. Every red light with a ricer sittin next to me I get smoked. I know my car can kick their ass, it's just I can't lol...so, who wants to give me some tips at manual so I stop giving cobalts a bad name and making the '98 civics look good

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
where are they beating you? launch? shifting? are you riding the clutch maybe?

·
Registered
526 Posts
My SS/TC is my first manual, just got it about a week or so ago. Every red light with a ricer sittin next to me I get smoked. I know my car can kick their ass, it's just I can't lol...so, who wants to give me some tips at manual so I stop giving cobalts a bad name and making the '98 civics look good
tip number one - street racing = no no
tip number two - stop racing civics, that's what gives cobalts a bad name

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
For one, learn to drive stick first. You're not gonna become Dale Earnhardt in a week (Unless you crash into a wall or something).

Your T/C has launch control, use it.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
bahahaha..bt yea...work on the basics of driving stick first..then slowly and I mean slowly work your way up...it's not that hard

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I am not saying that you should drive like an idiot... But you really need to find some back country road and learn how to handle your car via trial and error. Take your time and learn it right. You don't exactly have a base model there...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
hehe thats what I did, pulled out to the acres of flat country and practiced shifting.. got'r down fast...

my biggest P.I.T.A is the distance from 1-2... that gearing is hard because the power band dies off quick in first I find.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.