Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so earlier this month i bought a 150 dollar pioneer aftermarket stereo. i walk into best buy today, and see that they have a 600 dollar touch screen dvd player deck. on sale. so i got it, for 170 bucks. after taxes and their warranty plan, it came to 220 bucks!

my dad bought it, and is gonna keep the pioneer for his car!

·
Registered
143 Posts
that is a great freakin deal, was it open box? and whats the model # i wanna check it out if thats the price i wuld def get1 plz lemme kno

·
Registered
455 Posts
din is the size of the deck. a single din is just an information display, a double din is like a touch screen. It's the size of the stock cobalt deck

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you think it will fit in my car? i mean i didnt really have time to ask questions lol. i jumped on the deal.

·
Registered
455 Posts
oh yeah. double dins will fit. just make sure you go to crutchfield to pick up the mounting bracket and wiring harness, because my best buy says they dont carry the stuff for cobalts. but other than that it will fit no problem. i put a pioneer double din head unit in my car and i love it

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can i order it online? cuz i dont have a crutchfield around here. is is a special harness? or can i use the one i allready bought for my pioneer?

·
Registered
455 Posts
oh yeah i meant crutchfield.com. you should be able to use the wiring harness you bought for the pioneer. yeah its like $20 for the bracket. and the wiring harness will work as long as its for a cobalt. their not brand specific usually

·
Registered
455 Posts
thats the one. it works perfect. are you gonna install it yourself?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well me and my friend (mostly my friend) installed my pioneer. he works at best buy, and helps the head installer dude there. he has a g5 so he knows how our cars work and are wired. so im thinking ill have him do this one too.

unless thats a bad idea?

·
Registered
455 Posts
oh no that sounds good. i was jsut wondering cuz i tried to install mine adn i couldnt get it to work so i had best buy do it. but if he works there he should have no problem with it

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha yea i tried installing my pioneer one by myself. not a good idea. i blew a fuse. and didnt ground stuff right, it just wasnt good. but he got it figured out.

do you have your windows tinted? or take any special precautions so as not to get it stolen?

·
Registered
455 Posts
nah my windows arent tinted. i live in new york so the darkest i could get is 75% anyways, which is barely noticeable. the only thing i do is just make sure i park in crowded areas and lock the doors. to me there really is no point in preventive measures, like some ppl who build screens to cover their head units so you cant tell what it is. all it does is make ppl wonder what is under the cover so their more likely to go after it IMO. but idk.

·
Registered
455 Posts
it should. just make sure once you get it in there take some pics of it installed in your car to prove it was there, along with the receipt from the purchase. yu should be covered then

·
Registered
455 Posts
feel free to PM me with any questions you have about it or anything like that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
ok ill be sure to do that then. thanks for the help! haha do ya ever actually use the dvd player?
i've used it once or twice. i wired up a switch to bypass the parking brake thing so i can play dvd's while i drive. i watch episodes of scrubs and the office sometimes, or on car trips my girl can watch a dvd while i drive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.