Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, riding through Kennesaw State University a few weeks ago, jamming out and all of a sudden a cop from the KSU police force comes after me. Dude said he could hear me from 200 ft away. Gotta go to court now on May 26th. Should be fun.

I just took it as a compliment :bigsmile:
At least i know now that you can hear my music from 200ft+ :toung:

·
Registered
254 Posts
haha nice!, although usually u can only get a ticket if a cop wants to be a **** and its for "disturbing the peace" usually just a large fine, u don't go to court for it. but thats here in BC Canada lol. Apperntly i woke up my parents with my loud music and sub one day when I came home late, and it was only at like 20% volume not even blasting yet

·
Registered
485 Posts
haha nice!, although usually u can only get a ticket if a cop wants to be a **** and its for "disturbing the peace" usually just a large fine, u don't go to court for it. but thats here in BC Canada lol. Apperntly i woke up my parents with my loud music and sub one day when I came home late, and it was only at like 20% volume not even blasting yet
Yea, that's not the law in GA. Anything that can be heard more than 200' away is illegal. But what's BS about it is that you don't even have to have subs to have your music heard that far away. We tested it one day back when I had my Cougar. Windows down and sunroof open with no subs at normal listening level could be heard at 150'

·
Registered
122 Posts
HAHAHA, thats bs. The sustem I had in my truck could be heard from several hundred feet away. and I have been sitting next to police with it turned up at that level and they never said a thing. Maybe they liked what I was listening too.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lol thats why i love the cops around me, honestly people talk shit about these long island cops. i never get pulled over for anything.
My buddy had a monte carlo, with stright headers.LMAO it was insane, they're were no pipes wat so ever, exhaust came stright out of the header. He was never pulled over for his exhuast. and his car sounded like a bomb when he would start it.
Buddys mach 1 mustang, straight pipes, nver pulled over. I would hear him at night when he left my house pull onto the parkway a good mile away.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ive been pulled plenty of times for my music being too loud, no tickets for it though.
In my truck that I had before the balt, I had over 5000 watts of sub's and amps and it was always jacked.
In the balt, I have 1200 watt amp and couple subs!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
my friend got a stunting ticket for his FACTORY stereo system in his Malibu, cops musta hated the song, lol

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
called to see how much the ticket was going to be, and they said that i had to make a mandatory court appearance.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
called to see how much the ticket was going to be, and they said that i had to make a mandatory court appearance.
i can see it now:

prisoner 1: what are you in the pen for?

prisoner 2: Murder, you?

prisoner 1: my music was too loud.

I guess house parties get the same ticket if cops get called though, lol

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can see it now:

prisoner 1: what are you in the pen for?

prisoner 2: Murder, you?

prisoner 1: my music was too loud.

I guess house parties get the same ticket if cops get called though, lol
lmao! yes!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
LMAO! hope you dont have a loud exhaust too, they might put you away for life!:laugh:
hey, with law enforcement like that, who needs a court system.......

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
It's not dumb, even if you have stock radio. Your not supposed to have loud blaring music because it disturbs the peace. It's common sense. Play loud music at your own risk, and don't whine about it if you get pulled over for it. You can probably get away with it on highways, but rolling through residential neighborhoods, your asking for a ticket. It's just common sense.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ive been pulled for my muffler 3 times now... =\

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.