Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitting that the car is yellow.

So I have a lot of little problems I've posted over the past couple months, but none have been bad, just annoying (like a service airbag light).

But...(It's hard to describe, but I'll try my best.)

Today on my way to work I was hovering at ~65 on the freeway when my car decides to drop into neutral. Well, not really as RPMs stayed steady, just there was no power going to wheels. I revved up and boom, back into "gear". As I settle back into 65 it does it again. It wouldn't let me hold a speed. I either had to gun it or coast...not fun. It did not do it on my way home.

Other symptoms that may OR maynot be correlated: I've had a very random service traction and esc light that comes on. And cruise control also disables from time to time for no reason.

Please tell me its simple like a vacuum hose or something. I'm tired of things breaking on my cars. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What year? You are losing GMLan intermittently. Do you have ABS? If yes this could be caused by a bad wheel speed sensor. This would disable cruise and also turn on "T/C OFF" light. I don't know what an esc light is so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008. I do have abs and replaced the hubs with gmb brand hubs (problem came after new hubs). Can just the sensors be replaced or do I have to change out the whole hub? I also had a bad axle boot that I just swapped that could have been spitting grease all over the sensor if it getting dirty would do anything?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No, but if you disconnected the weather pack connectors and didn't clean them or add dielectric grease maybe water is getting in. Did you notice if this was happening after a rain by any chance? Might even be a rear wheel that you haven't touched yet.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Didn't clean anything. Just unplugged the old and plugged in the new. I don't know if the rain affects its randomness. I'll keep it in mind.

and darn, I was hoping the grease was the answer. That'd been an easy fix. :)

Btw thanks for the help, I'm glad its not a tranny or major engine issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.