Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so you all know that I got a speeding ticket for 45 in a 40 recently, well not long after that I got flashed by a red light camera...again(first time was for 50 in a 40 after leaving the pool hall, i took my lumps for that one) and again this happened while I was delivering pizzas. I was in the turning lane to take a right in an intersection and the arrow turns yellow so I keep on truckin thru, well it turns red as im turning right and the camera flashes me. My ticket came in today, a whopping $125. **** my life

$110 for the speeding ticket and $125 for the red light camera, delivering pizzas is starting to cost me more money than I make rofl

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
OK so you all know that I got a speeding ticket for 45 in a 40 recently, well not long after that I got flashed by a red light camera...again(first time was for 50 in a 40 after leaving the pool hall, i took my lumps for that one) and again this happened while I was delivering pizzas. I was in the turning lane to take a right in an intersection and the arrow turns yellow so I keep on truckin thru, well it turns red as im turning right and the camera flashes me. My ticket came in today, a whopping $125. **** my life

$110 for the speeding ticket and $125 for the red light camera, delivering pizzas is starting to cost me more money than I make rofl
u were already in the intersection! what are u supposed to do block traffic?!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would go to court over that last one and at the very least, get it knocked down to a smaller fine...

As for those red light cameras, MN no longer can use them...so happy about that...it was deemed illegal for them to use the camera's because there was no way to tell that the owner of the vehicle was for sure the one driving. So to send the owner of the car a ticket for someone else's poor choices while driving is illegal in MN.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The covers and sprays do not work. Their have been multiple tests of these all concluding negative results. Anything that shows it working is most likely faked. In the end its all a scam. If you were in the middle of the intersection then it should not have triggered. The cameras are suppose to be wired so that if the sensor is tripped once the light turns red it will snap a pic. Otherwise if it was already blocked before going to red it will not. You could always fight the ticket and they may check the intersection to make sure the sensors are working properly.

·
Registered
678 Posts
That really sucks, just remove ur front plate

·
Registered
678 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
it varies too much. Some are required, some not, some allow them in windows and some don't. Too damn confusing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't need front plates down here thankfully =) Yea they are trying to pass an ordinance that exempts people from red light tickets that were triggered for a right on red

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.