Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway that I can get Ipod integration on my 06 without buying a new radio? I want to keep the stock look..

Where can I find a shorty antenna for my 06?

oh and I'm looking to get the car in best possible running condition.. I plan on doing a oil change, spark plugs, fuel filter, sea foam, etc.. What else do you recommend?

I have a ss/sc btw

thanks in advanced :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
I wouldn't sea foam it unless if ur having engine problems...if ur engine is full of guck then I would otherwise I wouldn't do it yet...but thats just me...not sure about the Ipod thing..as for shorty antenna u can buy them on ebay or make ur own out of ur stock one, there's a DIY on here (just do a search and u'll find it)

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You can buy some kind of adapter for the Ipod at most audio places or Best buy, do not know how well they work though.

When you do the oil change put in a bottle of Engine Flush, its in a silver plastic bottle inthe oil section, to flush out any accumulated gunk.

Depending on mileage, a coolant flush and transmission service couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
there is a how to on another forum for adding a aux input to the stock radio. not sure if im aloud to link it here as im new member. if its ok lmk and ill link it.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Seafoam FTW! But you don't really need to do it until you hit like 75 or 100k, and then every 50k miles after that. Great stuff.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Absolutely. Did it on one of my brother's '99 Mustang V6 and it just plumed shit out, and another one of my friends from school's '00 V6 Grand Am. Tons of smoke.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I kinda figure it might be a little pointless to sea foam considering I only have 37k miles but I'll have to change fluids and spark plugs for now.. thanks for the input guys!

there is a how to on another forum for adding a aux input to the stock radio. not sure if im aloud to link it here as im new member. if its ok lmk and ill link it.
Is it on cobalt ss dot net? If it is just tell me what to search cause I'm a member over there too..

I have a 6 bucks iPod adapter. And cordless. Works better than my belkin adapter. Got it from ebay
Thats a good price.. is the audio good quality? what is the adapter called?

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
You don't need to change plugs for a while - they're iridium and don't need to be replaced nearly as often.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One more question What are some engine mods to gain horses? I already want to get a cold air, and whats the best tune to get?

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Trifecta, but wait until you have a few more mods under your belt, like the 2.4 intake manifold, throttle body, and exhaust.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Oh, no, haha. My bad, for some reason thought you were 2.2

Do intake, pulley, Trifecta tune, header/downpipe and exhaust

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its all good i don't really have pictures up of my car yet or a sig.. But yeah thats prolly what I'll end up doing! How much gain do you think I will see from the tune? And would I just send them my ECU?

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Trifecta will send you the tune and the cable.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Its all good i don't really have pictures up of my car yet or a sig.. But yeah thats prolly what I'll end up doing! How much gain do you think I will see from the tune? And would I just send them my ECU?
i believe alot of the ss/sc's are in the 240-260 range with the mods MP81 said and tune.

if you gonna tune it wait till your done with engine mods THEN tune it so you wont have to keep payin got a tune.

and since you have an LSJ im pretty sure you can find a local tuner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.