Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Here is the problem... I have a 08 sedan lt and when i turn on the a/c or the heat on low it makes noise i dont know how to explain it but it is anoying as HE**. Since you all have been so great before do you think that you could provide me with an idea on what it might be?? It is still under waranty but i would kind of like to have some feedback from others first. And maybe help someone else that is having the same problem...
Jentonyscobalt

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Does it sound like some sort of ticking? or is it just the engine kind of droning. Because whenever I turn on my AC or heater it puts a little more load on the engine causing somewhat of a drone effect. But also Sometime i can hear a kind of "tick" for that I think there are leaves or something caught in the fan.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
it could either be your blower fan, or your AC compressor clutch......... without hearing the noise, couldnt tell you exactly what it is

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Check your blower fans then, cause i may not have a cobalt, but i get it now that i replaced my fan on my car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a ticking i listened carefully to it last night... i will make a appt with the dealership and post a responce when they tell me what it was and fix it... thanks guys it is nice to get feedback and know that i am not the only one that has this problem

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had this problem on setting one and two. changed blower a few weeks ago and its all good.

Note factory blower needs to be cut out and then replacement gets screwed in with a gasket. Had mine done under warranty

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have that too. If I put the heater on 3 or four first and then go back down to 1 or 2 I don't hear it, but if I just put it on 1 or 2 first, it's there. It may still be under my warranty, so I may just get it checked out. =)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep thats exactly how mine was Jeliza. Go get it done if you still have warranty. The new updated blower is stronger too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had to complain real hard but they did do it. I exaggerated cause originally they said they couldnt duplicate it so I told them that it gets worse when driving for a long period of time and that if they wouldnt do it I would be calling head office to tell them to do it. Just a heads up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.