Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to put another battary in my car to run thongs like my accessoriey extra stuff i put in,such as neons/fog lights/subs+amp/ect. i started to think about it and i thought it seemed like a good idea til i though of posible problems. The only thing i could think of as a proble would be how would i be able to keep it charged? I wouldnt wanna hook it up to the alternator with the battery for the car itself becuase i dont know how much that can hold and i really dont wanna pucs too much power on the cars electronics. so could there be another way such as somehow install another alternator or would i have to sit with a car charger every day or so to keep it charged?

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
You either run two batteries wired together so both stay charged or you don't. I suggest you get a capacitor and high output alternator as well. Research ground loop isolator. I believe that is what it's called to run two batteries

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Search the off road websites and magazines. They have what you need as off roaders have been doing that for years.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
u wanna run thongs?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You either run two batteries wired together so both stay charged or you don't. I suggest you get a capacitor and high output alternator as well. Research ground loop isolator. I believe that is what it's called to run two batteries
You don't need a ground loop isolator for this case. Just take the second battery, put it right beside the stock battery, wire positive to positive and negative to negative. Use 0 gauge wire. Done. I would, however, suggest running two of the same batteries, since it's better for the batteries' life. Just buy two medium sized kinetik batteries or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.