Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loked my keys in my car and have no spares. at least its at home. but now i have to figure out how to unlock it

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I loked my keys in my car and have no spares. at least its at home. but now i have to figure out how to unlock it
If you have power locks, straighten a coat hanger and feed it between the door and the body and use it to press the unlock button.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No I locked my keys in my car twice cause I was putting a new door on.. Yeah dont ask haha But I stuck a coat hanger in between the door and body like Nighthawk said and I had the coat hanger bent perfectly and it latched onto the lock and pulled it up.. It took some time but it wasnt too hard!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Or get a piece of string or rope and make a loop and snake it in where the handle is and try to loop the handle and pull up. had to do that when I locked my keys in my truck

·
Registered
84 Posts
I remember when that happened to me...
no power locks, on base, with my dads insulin in the car in the 108 degree heat
thank god there was a firetruck nearby that could help out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have powerlocks and tried the coat hanging last night might try again. Possible going to the dealership to get a new key

·
Registered
931 Posts
my friend with an 09 ss/tc did that to show off to the girl, thinking a simple call to on star would solve the problem, so he throws his keys in the car locked his doors and shuts them, calls on star only to find out... his free year ran out 3 weeks before... AHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
you should be able to call a lock company, theyll come to you, slim jim your door and get your keys for like 70 bucks..better than a dea,ership...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
my friend with an 09 ss/tc did that to show off to the girl, thinking a simple call to on star would solve the problem, so he throws his keys in the car locked his doors and shuts them, calls on star only to find out... his free year ran out 3 weeks before... AHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! omg wow

·
Registered
745 Posts
haha i did the same excact thing except for i forgot to leave my spare key in my house or on my car somewhere for the longest time, so i locked both sets of keys in my car at once lol. i just used pliers, curled a hook at the end of a coat hang and jabbed it through the weather seals of the door and pulled my lock right up all in about 5 minutes lol. then just fixed the weather seal later

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
lol a friend of mine accidentally locked my keys in my cavalier awhile back. Unfortunately we were in the middle of no where. Fortunately one window was cracked open a bit (maybe an inch) and we were able to get to the lock with a stick lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he took a coat hanging made it a hook then took the top of the door and pulled an squeased his wallet in to keep it open enough and then fished the keys off my seat took all but 2 minutes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.