Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a new clutch mine is slippin way too much kinda tired of it. Breaks have worn off, tires have no grip. For the tires i need some tires that will be good for winter and summer time, I live in Chicago and the weather sucks! lol so i want something that would be good for all weather conditions. Clutch, right now only have a gm stage 2 kit on my Cobalt nothing to big i guess. Any good clutches, tires, and breaks in particular that i should consider getting? My Cobalt has 67,xxx miles....

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Cant help ya with the clutch. But if you put your modding plans down, im sure someone can tell you. I plan on going with Excedy when i upgrade mine. I love my R-1 concept premium blank rotors and Hawk HPS pad combo though. And i have always had seperate winter and summer tires, so i have no experience with all seasons. Guess im not much help. lol

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Exedy stage 2 clutch. I love mine.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
You ss/sc or ss/na? GMPP Clutch will work out fine and is 260 dollars, holds well over 400 hp

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You ss/sc or ss/na? GMPP Clutch will work out fine and is 260 dollars, holds well over 400 hp
yeah GMPP works well too. Think the exedy stg 2 was around 230+shipping and also holds around the same range of power.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Damn 2.2 stuff is cheap, exedy for ss/sc is 1000 dollars.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I would just either get a stock clutch or the gmpp clutch depending upon future mods, wich even then, if you go with a bigger blower, you can get away with having the stock clutch. If you plan to go turbo, then think about getting the gmpp clutch or something with better power capacity.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
please tell me where you can get a exedy stage 2 for 230... im bout to buy that shit if i can find it that cheap
frig sorry man it was actually $330. The stage 1 was around $265.

I bought mine on eBay but looking now I see the prices went up slightly. Just shop around for a bit.

The exedy was WELL worth it though. holy grabbyness lol. I can tell this thing will be awesome for launches once my kit goes on :D

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Damn 2.2 stuff is cheap, exedy for ss/sc is 1000 dollars.
Holy hell man. didn't realise that stuff was so expensive for the SS. DAYUM!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.