Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im pretty new to the whole moding thing so i was wondering if someone with EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE can help me find a good performance header for my '08 cobalt lt. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks looks like i'll be getting that one. how about a downpipe and a suggestion for what exhaust kit to get. i was thinking of trying to the tsudo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah where did you find a dp

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I used the stock DP off of a SS/SC Bolted right up! Plus it was cheap! As for the cat-back, I recommend GMPP or Corsa.. they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you buy it off ebay or something? (the dp)

·
Banned
1,559 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
yeah but I read it's a waste of money it barely helps anything

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
haha its not a waste of money man. someone on here has to have comparison pics. if not ill try and find some. it will greatly improve the flow. itll basically do what all these "short" style headers will. now a long tube 4-2-1 like vibrant has is a different story. but its way to expensive

i have the gm extrude manifold on my car. i mean theres less expensive headers that will do the same thing. but for anyone else worried about the warranty its a good idea

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
haha its not a waste of money man. someone on here has to have comparison pics. if not ill try and find some. it will greatly improve the flow. itll basically do what all these "short" style headers will. now a long tube 4-2-1 like vibrant has is a different story. but its way to expensive

i have the gm extrude manifold on my car. i mean theres less expensive headers that will do the same thing. but for anyone else worried about the warranty its a good idea
I read on css.net that your better off just porting your own stock header and would see better results than the gmpp header... That I would do.... If only I knew how.. lol But can that still throw CELs if I were to do that?

how big do you want a shorty header for a 2.2 to be? lol
Not big I mean it just looks no different than stock. It looks like a chromed stock header.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
no it shouldnt throw a cel. but just porting your stock one wont do much as it does not have a full "circular" outlet. im thinking about taking my old stock one into work and trying to mill it to a full circle and selling it. but the stock one has a half moon outlet shape.

but even porting doesnt do what extrude honing does. and it gets in the bends were its extremely hard or sometimes impossible to do a nice port job

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Oh I don't have that the LE5's have LSJ headers. But how would I extrude hone my header better then?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
ok my bad i was even paying attention you had the 2.4

um the best you could do is port it or have someone port it (recommend taking it somewhere if you dont have some experience porting). because we called to see about having a stock manifold extrude honed after we did the porting and it costs more then just ordering it already extrude honed from gm. so we did that

a short tubed header can be found for cheaper then the extrude honed

but anyone that wants to stay gm related for warranty worries the extrude honed is their best bet

theyll both do the same thing. just depends on if price or warranty is your focus

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
blah what if i just have the extrude honed header ported better lol cause i mean I've read nothing but bad about it and how its a waste of money blah blah and stuff idk... lol i don't know what i want to do lol money is tight too

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
honestly someone must have got a bad part because there wasnt anything wrong with mine and i cleaned it up a little bit but there wasnt much to clean up.

dont get me wrong, if you can get your stock one to someone who can do nice port work then you can get some nice flow out of it. and itll still be gm so youll be good under warranty

if that a route you decide you wanna go and cant find somewhere to port it. i do offering porting services as i do it for a living (thread in for sale threads). id do it for $150 shipped. of course i dont have a core so you would have a few days of down time. unless i find a core or you find a core and i take it off the price

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.