Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how cheap I can get by with a sound mufler and installation? like an ebay muffler? would it be a job I could do at home with a direct fit/bolt on? or do cobalts require a perfomance muffler be welded on? I'll listen to any ideas and comments! help!

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
i got a magnaflow (part# 11225 from pepboys) clamped for now. sounds good. its a little deeper than those fart can mufflers.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Why put something "cheap" on your car? I guess it depends on what you want to get out of it. Do you just want sound? Or, do you want performance?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just sound

I just want a low deep sound. is the stock muffler welded on? so I'm pretty much forced to take it in somewhere to have installed? how much was yours are what are the dimensions? Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
673 Posts
"performance Muffler" is an oxymoron. There's not much performance to be had there, they are just noise makers.

You can install a catback system yourself in the driveway in under an hour if you are experienced, a little longer if not. It's just nuts and bolts, a few bushins, etc etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I will sell you a muffler for $50 plus shipping...I have 2 of them on my LT and they sound amazing...very deep toned. Made by APC and Stainless steel. 2 1/4" inlet with a 6" tip.

Never been used...I couldn't find a 2nd one since they are no longer made and hard to find so I couldn't use it on my dual outlet setup.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Are you looking for a certain brand ? and also you will need a larger diameter piping for the full gains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.