Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really weird, and I don't know if any of you even know, but this compartment came unhooked. There is this little metal piece that came out too, I don't know where it goes. The compartment doesn't stay up now, it's so annoying if I turn or accelerate too fast it just hangs there and doesn't lock anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I fixed that but totally forgot what exact but I had to take that bottom section out to put that piece back in that basically holds the door up

Sent from my EVO

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You took out the panel to get to it? Do you remember where to put the metal piece, like was it on the left, right, top, or bottom?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Hopefully I can show you...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would be much appreciated : ) I keep a knife in there but now it's not so hidden with the door hanging all the way down most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You see the piece circled in red here, well there is an identical one on the other side this is where the metal piece goes teeth first, it would work either side. But the bad news is that you broke one of the hinges circled in blue. So I'm affraid you will need a new lower panel or at least a junker.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Glad to help!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You see the piece circled in red here, well there is an identical one on the other side this is where the metal piece goes teeth first, it would work either side. But the bad news is that you broke one of the hinges circled in blue. So I'm affraid you will need a new lower panel or at least a junker.

Thanks a ton. Sucks that it needs to be completely replaced! I'll def check junkyard and see what I can get.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm a 90 pound adult with recent abdominal surgery lol. Can't defend myself so have a sharp knife if I need to threaten anyone. It helped the one time I've had to threaten a car full of teenage boys with it.
I suppose it does the job! I keep a spoon in my console, but that's just for eating jello cups.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Cali if you don't find one just pm me your zip and ill make a for sale thread. I don't even have it in my car its chillin in my room with a lot of other parts lol. Either way no worries

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Or use super glue! Lol probably won't work. You must have hit that thing pretty hard or something

Sent from my EVO

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahaha I just pulled it down like normal and it came all the way out. It's not like I have any muscle, lol!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Guess she isn't meant to be played with roughly. Giggity.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.