Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been working on a new trunk setup for HIN and other upcoming shows, but due to some bad luck and bad timing, not sure if I will have a chance to finish it or not. So I wanted to get honest opinions from everyone on the setup I have installed now, so I know wether or not I should pull some late nights trying to get the new setup finished. Like I said, please be COMPLETELY honest as HIN is one of the biggest shows of the year.

·
Banned
384 Posts
throw some neons or somethin. spice it up

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has neons and LEDs in it. Just don't have pics of it at night. It has a neon tube directly behind the chevy logo thats frosted plexi, and LEDs from a few different angles in the trunk hitting the subs

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I like that setup real well. It seems like it may need some more color though

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that setup real well. It seems like it may need some more color though
I completely agree about it needing more color. My new design is kinda like this one, just a fiberglass front to the box, with the amps under a false floor in front of the subs. The front of the box is gonna be painted silver with all the trim panels being done in black vinyl. The amps that I have are also silver. Then I'm using all blue neons and LEDs for lighting.

·
Banned
384 Posts
take pics at night and post

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cover up your damn screws! Make that shit look clean!

Other than that, it's pretty nice...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cover up your damn screws! Make that shit look clean!

Other than that, it's pretty nice...
I'm not doing anything else to this setup that costs money. It's all being taken out and replaced after this show. I just unfortunately ran out of time to finish sanding the fiberglass on the new box and get it to the paint shop, so I'm stuck with this. And the fact it's been raining the last three days hasn't been helping me either, lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I hate to say it but get rid of that chevy emblem, and throw a cheap monitor in there. You can get like a 7" off amazon for like 95$. Not to expensive, then maybe rlocate the chevy emblem. T.V's make people say wow, everyones see speakers and subs in cars, oce you start throwing other stuff in there is where you grab the attention. Also idn i cant really tell how much room you have in front of the box, but you can fiber glass the floor right infront of it and maybe have the amp showing. Idn just throwing ideas out there.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hate to say it but get rid of that chevy emblem, and throw a cheap monitor in there. You can get like a 7" off amazon for like 95$. Not to expensive, then maybe rlocate the chevy emblem. T.V's make people say wow, everyones see speakers and subs in cars, oce you start throwing other stuff in there is where you grab the attention. Also idn i cant really tell how much room you have in front of the box, but you can fiber glass the floor right infront of it and maybe have the amp showing. Idn just throwing ideas out there.
Like I said, I'm not spending any more money on the setup that I have right now. It's being taken out after this weekend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just saying... Should at least find some scrap wood, cut, sand and paint to make some cheap borders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.