Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

If I do install a triple gauge pod, what 2 gauges should I put there? Aeroforce 1

• Narrowband AFR

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Coolant temp

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Oil temp

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Oil PSI

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • trans temp

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • a clock

• RPM

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • amp meter

• other

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • ???

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of mounting 3 gauges here on the dashboard? Be honest. And also don't worry about what gauges will be in there, just curious if you think that would look shitty or not. Thanks. Btw ignore the tape and stuff, its just so they stayed there for the pic. And the gauges would be in one triple gauge pod on the dash

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
IMO if they were the size of the gauge on the left it wouldnt look good, too big. but if the gauges are smaller like the one on the right, it wouldnt look bad. are you mounting them straight up? like having the triple gauge pod parallel with the dash and vents, and having offset gauges facing the driver?

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its gonna be one triple pod, lying flat facing me, probably not off set, if it is off set it will be just a slight amount

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
so the gauges are going to be set in flat in the pod and the pod is going to be angled facing the driver side? I have problems with things that arent symmetrical so if i was putting a pod in, i would have the pod centered and parallel with the vents, then have the actual gauges in the pod offset so they face the driver side. bc having the whole pod set at an angle on the dash would bother me

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
volt and boost are both sunpro white face gauges from autozone, the middle is a DPIC gauge from autometer purchased through ebay

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah if you buy them new they'll have instructions. What do you think of mounting 3 gauges in the center of my dashboard though?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yeah if you buy them new they'll have instructions. What do you think of mounting 3 gauges in the center of my dashboard though?
well if you deliver it right I think is going to look sick, specially if those are going to be functional what are they for by the way? and IMO if you match those with the dashboard color they are going to look pretty sweet

·
Registered
810 Posts
just use the pillar, i think it will look alot cleaner

·
Registered
394 Posts
As long as you mount them and it looks relatively clean, i don't think it would look bad. may not be the coolest looking thing, but if you really want to use those gauges, go for it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I dunno if you're planning on keeping the pillar also, but keep the pillar it's clean. And if you're adding the 3 more gauges to the center other than the pillar, then I saw once this infinity is-f build where they custom moulded a centered triple pillar pod in the middle of the dash so that it was slightly tilted to the driver although perfectly moulded into the dash (not bolted or screwed). If you plan on doing something like I just said then sick! if you're just going to like screw/bolt the glowshift tripple pillar pod onto the center of the dashboard then I wouldn't do it because for me, it's not clean enough. But honestly I'm sure whatever you decide should be chill.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
As long as you mount them and it looks relatively clean, i don't think it would look bad. may not be the coolest looking thing, but if you really want to use those gauges, go for it.
this

and a little this.

I think if you kept it clean and could almost make it look oem. It would look good.

just some other ideas if you're still trying to make up your mind. if you have a singe din radio (can't remember if your stock or not) you could mount the gauges in the gap. or rip out the 2 AC vents in the middle mount them in there.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
This is awesome. I like the way you think Jared. That spot on the dash has bothered me for sometime. It seems like SOMETHING should be there, I think they just made the slope a little too much. My dad's HHR has a compartment in that spot, and that's not bad, but my balt has nothing, and it looks a little weird.

I think you are on the right track. Keep it up.

Check this out...

I opened the back of my computer the other day, and there were wires and lights and circuits all over the place. It almost looked like jared's balt. LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.