Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I couldn't resist that pun. I want to redo my grille, but I not sure how to go about it. I can't even decide between black and silver/chrome. I like the billet style, so I could a) paint and refinish my stock grille, b) get a new billet grille, or c) something someone else suggests. Ideas?

·
Registered
678 Posts
i personally like the mesh one, so i guess thats "C"

·
Registered
294 Posts
yeah same here.. you could get a mesh grille and paint it black or color match it with your car

·
Registered
496 Posts
ya mesh grilles do look pretty sharp. just make sure to get some high quality mesh and not gutter mesh. gutter mesh works fine, but it's way more flexible

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which mesh one? Are you guys talking custom?

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
yeah just buy automotive mesh, cut out the plastic pieces, fit the mesh, and BAM!, spiffy grille

·
Registered
496 Posts
yeah just buy automotive mesh, cut out the plastic pieces, fit the mesh, and BAM!, spiffy grille
ya i dunno who's all done it, but the finished product looks pretty damn good imo. ill have to do it myself eventually

·
Registered
678 Posts
ya i dunno who's all done it, but the finished product looks pretty damn good imo. ill have to do it myself eventually
yeah thats on my "To-Do list" b/c it looks incredable

·
Registered
496 Posts
yeah thats on my "To-Do list" b/c it looks incredable
are you going to go w/ the silver mesh or paint it black. or some other color i guess. im going to just stick w/ silver for my silver car

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. I've got to check that out.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Old pic, but here is my grill. Its the one from Cobalt-addiction. It definitely took some modifying though.. the brackets they come with suck, so I made my own brackets..

·
Registered
164 Posts
i would, imo, do some custom work for ur car, custom is always different from someone else's car. Plus u gain valueable info bout ur car, and everytime u look at ur car u can take pride in your work. makes u smile that much more everytime u catch a glare from the sun shinin off ur baby

im in the process of custom grill-in my balt, upper and lower. altho mine is an 09 ls balt and the lower middle section doesnt seperate from the bumper and requires a LOT of moddin, a few hours of cutting, dremal-ing, bondo-ing, sanding, and painting. Gonna look sick when done, ill have pics soon :bigsmile:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OBZ, looking sweet as always. I definitely want a billet style grille. How would you custom build one of those? The only thing I can't decide is whether to paint the lower grille body color like the newer models, or to go silver billet for that, too. One's modern, one's classic.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
OBZ, looking sweet as always. I definitely want a billet style grille. How would you custom build one of those? The only thing I can't decide is whether to paint the lower grille body color like the newer models, or to go silver billet for that, too. One's modern, one's classic.
You would definitely want to buy a pre made billet grill. But you can make a mesh grill easily.
I have had my car 3 years and still have not decided on what to do with my lower grills lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have billet like OBZ... although mine doesnt "fit" as well... I'll work on that one day...lol

I like the mesh grills, but there's something about how a billet grill shines that is super sexy IMO...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.