Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok supposingly this guy took his Cobalt and put a corvette motor in it,I don't honestly think it is possible,but who knows right?heres the link YouTube - Cobalt with Vette Engine

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that would be bad ass though seeing a ls1 cobalt.people would never want to race a cobalt at all haha

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
that would be bad ass though seeing a ls1 cobalt.people would never want to race a cobalt at all haha
almost like my sprint 4 door with a 305 in it, eh? People watch for that car now, and cops fear it. They hate it, cause they believe it can go faster than they're cars dare go. That car is a friggin monster!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
someone told my friend that chevy motors can be swapped pretty easily and are all intergrated...i thought about this one cause the Balt does have a rather large engone bay but i wouldnt mind putting a V-6 or V-8 in my car but the only car i can think of that has a V-6 or V-8 with a manual trans is the vette....of course it would take alot of fabrication and plenty of money but the impalas come in V-6's but they have automatic trannys and if i were to do a swap for a bigger motor i would want a manual trans

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
someone told my friend that chevy motors can be swapped pretty easily and are all intergrated...i thought about this one cause the Balt does have a rather large engone bay but i wouldnt mind putting a V-6 or V-8 in my car but the only car i can think of that has a V-6 or V-8 with a manual trans is the vette....of course it would take alot of fabrication and plenty of money but the impalas come in V-6's but they have automatic trannys and if i were to do a swap for a bigger motor i would want a manual trans
i have seen the grand am with a manual trans, also sporting the V6, you could shoot for one of those?

Also, arent the mid year S10 also a V6? they do come in stick

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
true ....but trucks have rear wheele drive if not 4 wheel drive so thats a hard swap

·
Registered
46 Posts
almost like my sprint 4 door with a 305 in it, eh? People watch for that car now, and cops fear it. They hate it, cause they believe it can go faster than they're cars dare go. That car is a friggin monster!
i doubt the cops "fear it". got pics of the conversion? i'm curious to see how you fabbed up a rwd conversion in a car so small that was fwd. i've done a few 350+ swaps in chevettes, but they were already rwd

selfinfliction added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

why would you want to put a v8 in a cobalt?you can make more than enough power with a 4 banger, fwd cars don't need more than 350-400whp, if going to a rwd conversion, go ahead and pull out a $25k loan. or you could just go buy a rwd car and put $5k into it and have 500+hp

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i doubt the cops "fear it". got pics of the conversion? i'm curious to see how you fabbed up a rwd conversion in a car so small that was fwd. i've done a few 350+ swaps in chevettes, but they were already rwd
We used a RWD chassis from a small datsun 210 p/u, bolted the body of the car to it, and the 305 motor/700 transmission fit perfectly between the rails, and right into the mounts.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

selfinfliction added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

why would you want to put a v8 in a cobalt?you can make more than enough power with a 4 banger, fwd cars don't need more than 350-400whp, if going to a rwd conversion, go ahead and pull out a $25k loan. or you could just go buy a rwd car and put $5k into it and have 500+hp
because when you are limited to only 105 mph in a 4 banger you wanna upgrade

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
that's not a reason to do a motor swap. you're talking $20,000+ on a properly done swap with a good motor. you would be talking $7k to put out 500hp from the 4 cylinder
i could swap out my 2.4l motor from my balt for a 2.0 SC for under $5k, so what do you mean it will take $20,000+? i have a sprint with a V8 in it, and all it cost me was the towing cost to get the gear in one location, lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
i could swap out my 2.4l motor from my balt for a 2.0 SC for under $5k, so what do you mean it will take $20,000+? i have a sprint with a V8 in it, and all it cost me was the towing cost to get the gear in one location, lol
you just said you are using a datsun frame with a sprint body, which would take hundreds of hours of fabrication, as the sprint was just a rebadged suzuki. datsun iirc did not make a 210 pickup truck. either way it goes, i don't believe this car exists, but that's my opinion. and if it DID exist, it wouldn't be a "sprint" because you are using a different frame, it would be a datsun truck frame with a sprint body.

and if you had a 2.4, why in the world would you swap it out for a 2.0? with $5k you could build a 500+hp out of that motor, since you would be able to do all of the fabrication yourself.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i want RWD tho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.