Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, how are ya? I swear I was a member here at one point, but it's been so long and the forum doesn't recognize my email addy for a password/username inquiry. Oh well, anyway I'll get right to it.

2005 Cobalt LS sedan. It's hers (I drive a Taurus). The best way I have been able to describe the Cobalt is basically a go-cart on crack :laugh: because of the much stiffer suspension than my car has. Well it's still bone-stock, but paid off as of December, so I may begin playing with it soon.

I do have two inquiries right now, though. The car needs a left front control arm bushing. Gonna just do them both, makes more sense. Do you folks have any reccomendations that are somewhat affordable to upgrade from stock? (Poly, ect.) Was figuring just going with direct replacements, but thought I would ask first.

Also, where the hell is the CAF on this thing? Under the cowl? Under the dash? I have no idea, and haven't really looked :laugh:

As of right now, that's the only issues with the car. To be honest, I'm not super fond of it, (I like my cars bigger. Gimme a 70's Continental anyday,) but she likes it, and it has been very good to us, so I see no need to replace it, especially since it's paid off, and only has 50-some thousand miles on it. I think it deserves some care, and maybe after working on it and playing with it, I will come to like it more.

So there is my long-winded post. Thanks for any advice, and looking foward to meeting and chatting with you all. :)

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

A picture of Lucy (the Cobalt) and Marilyn.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It's going to cost you about 65$ for the pancake bushings anyway might as well go all out and get new ball joints front bushings and an alloy casted LCA. Seems like a win-win to me.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just enter your zip code in the get rate box.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.