Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm left with holes lol
Anybody have any idea on how to cover them? Well the 2 big holes the other 2 I got covered up already with those plastic thingies lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You could cover them with a wing.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Just get a trunk lid from the junkyard same color. Most cars get hit in the front and trunk lids are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
959 Posts
you can get plastic plugs and paint them to match the car, and seal the from the inside... probably the cheapest and least permanent way. With plugs you if you ever want to put the wing back on its pretty easy. You can get color matched paint from ebay or GMPARTSDIRECT.com

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Lol I remember putting on my wing. So many measurements and checking and then I drilled all the holes and then remembered that I forgot to check for clearance on the bottom of the trunk...nope so had to drill 4 more holes. Luckily the wing covered them all and have sealant on it and havent had a single leak
: )

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm with Coby7...junk yards are a builders best friend. Even finding a trunk in different color and repainting will be cheaper than filling holes & repainting...JMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can get plastic plugs and paint them to match the car, and seal the from the inside... probably the cheapest and least permanent way. With plugs you if you ever want to put the wing back on its pretty easy. You can get color matched paint from ebay or GMPARTSDIRECT.com
I can't find plugs to cover 2 big holes lol
I got 2 small ones covered lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Every time I needed a unique piece, part, or plug...Ace HW is my go to store. They've got an extremely well-stocked nut/bolt/parts bin dept. Have you tried there?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Every time I needed a unique piece, part, or plug...Ace HW is my go to store. They've got an extremely well-stocked nut/bolt/parts bin dept. Have you tried there?
Yea the little spoiler lol

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

BTW guys
How much would a wingless trunk for a cobalt cost in the junk yard? Im actually thinking about just putting a carbón fiber vinyl on my trunk and hood cus the clear coat from my hood is peeling

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.