Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Want Fender Stripes Bad

13K views 77 replies 30 participants last post by  MMcGee91 
#1 ·
anyone know a good legit site order them for i would like some black ones. or is there an diys

#5 ·
i dont think gonna any more i read some threads and people told me they got them not precut and they got a million bubbles. his looks nice thou

#6 ·
RJW Motorsports - Car Decals, Custom Car & Auto Graphics

a wonderful site to order decals. If they do not carry what you're looking for they'll make it for fairly cheap.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

also, you could hit up any local sign shop and have it custom done. I have a few down here. They wanted like $80 to make what RJW charged 30 for, but for fender stripes you may fair better.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

If you do not know what you are doing, don't be afraid to get them professionally installed. Its not that expensive and they have to get it right. I paid $80 to get both mine put in, and I can tell you it would have looked like crap had I done it on my own.

#7 ·
i did and cut mine myself, i bought a huge sheet of vinyl and cut them, then just put them on, they look great..i have a extra pair thats cut out if you want them....they will look exactly like mine, each stripe 3 inches wide with a total of 4 stripes and 4 little accent stripes...dont pay 25 bucks for them its a waste..give me 7 bucks and ill ship them to you

#9 ·
Imo its starting to get played out.. A good tip I picked up on is to look at what the old 50-60s era track cars had on them, should bring some old school flair back into car accents. Racing stripes, fender stripes, single offset stripe.. Meh everyone and their mom has em :noworry:

#19 ·
Oh man...thread from the dead.

If you do fender stripes - please just do the driver side. Not both.

#23 ·
Why just one side??? What if you like being in the left lane and wanna give the car next to you something to chase?

#27 ·
no shit, I don't want a cobalt that looks like a corvette, I want a cobalt that the corvettes wanna look like, without going deep fried rice on it.

#28 ·
Hahaha.

I've been mulling around Grand Sport stripes here lately. I would only get the one side though. :)

#30 ·
Do it man!

#32 ·
Red probebly looks best on top of black, but imo it depends on what other colors you want to mix in your car, are you going for a color scheme? Im going with Black as my extra color for my Lazer blue car (just cause its too dirty up here for white)

#33 ·
I was thinking a dark red maybe, i'm not going to do anything with colour to the exterior of the car, maybe some pinstriping if i can find someone that isn't going to make it look stupid, but otherwise i'm going to debadge the whole thing, paint the locks, and am hoping for the RKSport bodykit, but that's a little expensive right now. All black is what i was going to go with, the only bit of colour on the exterior is the chrome lip on the rims, and that's gonna stay

#34 ·
Me myself I like to kinda go against the grain, with a black car I would go with yellow. Really stick our in a group of black balts

#35 ·
yeah that would sure stand out in a crowd, but i don't like many things like that, i don't like to stand out in a crowd, thanks for the suggestion though, might do it just for the hell of it, maybe not yellow though

#36 ·
no prob, dark red would be a mild color that doesn't stick out too much. I think it will look good.

#38 ·
I'd suggest white or red. If you do red, paint your calipers red, and maybe some other accents on the exterior to create more of a presence.

Or you could do flat black - that would look killer.

#39 ·
Yeah i was planning on painting my rotors red when I do my brakes this winter.

Never thought about flat black.... Might have to look into that one, thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.