Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my car and i dont know if i can get away with just springs. Can i do just springs or will i need to do anything else later?

·
Registered
56 Posts
all ive done and im sure just about everyone else has done is springs and alignment. and adjust the toe. its pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I just have factory cut springs on factory struts... I know I'll need to change that up eventually, when that comes, I'm just gonna bag it...lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
You cut your springs? That's smart. Springs aren't expensive unless you buy a big name brand. You can get knockoffs that are $100 and are probably safer than cutting your springs.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You cut your springs? That's smart. Springs aren't expensive unless you buy a big name brand. You can get knockoffs that are $100 and are probably safer than cutting your springs.
Yep they're cut. I've had 3 cars w/ cut springs, no problems. Kits dont put me low enough, & I had a kit on a scion tC before, I can tell no difference between a kit & cut springs.... but that's me. I dont race or anything like that....There are alot of cars around here w/ cut springs. SURE its not the safest thing seeing as how they wernt designed to be that way... but its not something i plan on leaving alone either...I really want to bag the car...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
air bag... liek hydrolics

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah...bag as in airride suspension...sorry...lol
they're CUT because I wanted the car LOW... I dont do it for performance, I do it for looks. I'm into minitrucks, lowriders...that stuff. That's fine if ya'll dont understand or w/e, lol. B/c there are some things that Ive seen done to a cobalt that I just dont understand either, but to each they're own, right? But I'm not the only car w/ cut springs...I'm not even the only cobalt w/ cut springs... so...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
lobalt is not the only one who has done it but, cutting your springs is unsafe, and i wouldnt recommend anyone do it!
I agree... as soon as I can afford it, im changing, b/c havin cut springs really doesnt last a long time... But for now, it works...

I have an 92 toyota oickup with air ride. Sold it a month ago. Its was bodydroped. If you look in my sig. you can see the reflection of it in my car... I miss it
HA, yeah I do see it... from what I can tell it looks flippin sexy, haha

·
Registered
720 Posts
One thing I'm curious, how does airride ride compared to coilovers? Why not get coilovers? They'll take you pretty low...you can only go so low on a Cobalt anyway.

It's not like you can do this:

Kidding, I have no idea what the Cobalt's are capable of...especially if you're willing to C-notch the frame or do other things to get it lower like this Rabbit.

·
Registered
416 Posts
One thing I'm curious, how does airride ride compared to coilovers? Why not get coilovers? They'll take you pretty low...you can only go so low on a Cobalt anyway.

It's not like you can do this:

Kidding, I have no idea what the Cobalt's are capable of...especially if you're willing to C-notch the frame or do other things to get it lower like this Rabbit.
IMO that is ugly. Too low to do anything.

·
Registered
610 Posts
damn look at the shocks on that bike

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got sportlines on my stock struts and shocks with no problem so far. I love them!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I even bought mine USED and there awesome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.