Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, thats right, I want to paint my chrome lip red.
is this even possible to do on my own...(saving money) and not looking like a POS.

or should I just have a professional shop do it? (and take all my money lol)

dont mind everything else that is photoshopped in this picture lol

THANKS!

·
Registered
248 Posts
i really posted just so i could see my new sig in action lol

but that would look sick g...just a darker red tho. kinda reddish maroon.

·
Banned
163 Posts
you should be able to get vinyl at alot of different places if not search online thats how i did my overlays on my center caps and my pontiac symbols

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Lipstick is an easy way to make them red... They might even have one in your car's color. :cheesy:

I've always wondered this myself though. I want to keep my wheels (for cost reasons) but get them black, or possibly black and yellow somehow, but didn't know if they can do anything and make it look right with chrome.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
vinyl, dude did you paint your headlights yellow? or is that photoshop cuz that looks good :)

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vinyl, dude did you paint your headlights yellow? or is that photoshop cuz that looks good :)
ahhh yeah i knew if anyone would say that, itd be you. lol its photoshop.
i was just having some jdm fun with a few things :laugh:

·
Banned
163 Posts
no they make different kinds of vinyl indoor and outdoor and also goes by years. you want something around 6 years or so i think its close to the best exp. if your doing rims. let me look and see if i cant find you something

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

skdecals.ca (online Store)

contact this guy he can prolly get you a roll of it for you or else try making it for you if requested.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
so, decal vinyl then... I know awesomedecals.com, and a lot of body wrap places have 6 year vinyl. The best way to have it wrap everything on the lip though, and look right, would be to tuck it partially between the rim and rubber. Cause it would be risky to try and cut it that close to the tire.

·
Banned
163 Posts
so, decal vinyl then... I know awesomedecals.com, and a lot of body wrap places have 6 year vinyl. The best way to have it wrap everything on the lip though, and look right, would be to tuck it partially between the rim and rubber. Cause it would be risky to try and cut it that close to the tire.
yes you want to tuck it they also make 8 year vinyl i think i cant member how far up they go. but make sure you get outdoor

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

FDC 4725 Series 6-Year Vinyl Film - Intermediate

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

~~ Pinstripes, Vinyl striping, Vinyl tape, Pinstriping Tape

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Another good place to check would be a sign-maker or commercial vehicle logo making place, if you have one in your area. I've bought rolls of vinyl from a place like that before.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.