Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Was Bored Today...

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Funkenstein 
#1 ·
...so I added some LED strips to my car. I've also got them hooked up to a toggle switch.

See less See more
#3 ·
Same as what I will be doing, except mine will be hooked up to the gear shifter bulb so I can dim them with the stock dimmer, also they will come on with the ambient light sensor.

I will also be adding to the dome light so when the door opens they come on, then dim out with the dome light.

That looks great, can't wait for my LEDs to come in :)

#6 ·
I was thinking about splicing it into something, but I was afraid of screwing it up. I'm too clumsy. Half my install time was me trying to fish out a washer that fell under the metal box under the parking brake. :blink:

That's why I used the fuse tap. Now it has it's own source.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Should have hidden the switch IMO. Looks too helicopter cockpit to me. A rocker switch maybe. But I guess if you like it that's all that matters, after all it's your car.
That's what I was going for. I'm a fan of fighter planes. All I need now is for someone to come up with a HUD GPS.

#8 · (Edited)
I want to get something for my GPS charger too, I was thinking about tapping into the dome (always hot) so I can hide the charger cable as much as possible.

You can run a wire to the dome lamp with a bit of patience, buy a cheap charger cable (so you can cut the end off) for the GPS then you can have it come out by the rear view mirror and it will be almost completely hidden.

(while your doing that maybe you can add another line in case you put some upper LED's, save you pulling it down again)

#11 ·
I downloaded Dr Nightmare's Voice ( sounds like Vincent Price) on my Garmin. He doesn't try to pronounce street names all crooked.

#13 ·
For the LEDs I will use the fuse tap, but for the use with the GPS, I think it would be much easier to tap into the dome itself as its about a foot away from the rear view mirror, which is where you would want your GPS charger power to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.