·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whether or not you dig it, you have to admit its a LOT of car (and spare engine) for the money.... If the carfax is good, no rust and a straight chassis- I'd buy it on the spot..

So tempted to do a road trip down there and steal that biotch, so sexy looking!!!!! :amuse:

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Whether or not you dig it, you have to admit its a LOT of car (and spare engine) for the money.... If the carfax is good, no rust and a straight chassis- I'd buy it on the spot..

So tempted to do a road trip down there and steal that biotch, so sexy looking!!!!! :amuse:
I have to agree with u it a nice ass car

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would be weary about it since it's a V6 conversion to Cobra...make sure they didn't take any shortcuts when doing it. For the price, I personally wouldn't even look at it knowing that it's a conversion..if I were to pick up a car that were stock, then do it myself, that's one thing, but to buy someone else's project (possible headache in the making).

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Beautiful car, but I personally find a deal that good to be too good. Considering I bought my Cobalt off through my dealer uncle off a dealer auction site (which usually has cheaper prices) for $4,400, and it had 65,000 miles, I find it very hard to believe that a car as beautiful as this would go for even cheaper.

If it's not a scam though, the dealer is ripping himself off :\.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a private seller, and he did mention there ARE issues with the car.

His words:

what needs to be repaired the synchro sleeve for second gear is a little bit sticky it has a broken exhaust hanger and the oxygen sensors all can be fixed for $150.00

But that is still really low for those problems.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Yea thats not alot of problems for the price its just weird how cheap it it. dont get me wrong i would buy it lol. im just saying there could be something big wrong with it. Take it for a test ride see how it handles

·
Registered
720 Posts
His words:

what needs to be repaired the synchro sleeve for second gear is a little bit sticky it has a broken exhaust hanger and the oxygen sensors all can be fixed for $150.00

But that is still really low for those problems.
This is why I would be leery...he did all that work and spent a ton of money (engine alone is more than half what he wants) and he says the problems are minor...there's always a chance the problems could be worse than he says or more unknown issues or whatever...but it's your money and it would be a fun car...personally I'd go for a 03-04 Mach 1. I love the shaker hood. A Terminator would be better yet, but too much money for me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Either way the body is clean, and judging from the fact the interior is clean and the fact he claims to have many nice little luxuries he has added on to it would make me suspicious.

And private dealers (at least when I was car searching) generally ask for more on a car that nice.

Just a comparison to it really (not a very good one), my '07 cobalt that I bought has a giant dent on the driver side door, the headliner was missing, the speakers had been ripped out, and the entire car interior had been poorly spray painted black and was beginning to fade, and it still cost me $4400, so either this guy is a saint or something non-visible is wrong with it.

Beautiful ride though, if I'd seen that on the market when I was searching I'd definitely check that out.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah its 100% worth a check. Exactly what I thought, the body is extremely clean, the engine is supposedly brand new with all receipts and warranty. That alone would be worth a significant amount.

I can't afford to buy anything over $4k, I need to have an extra 4 for insurance and repairs if anything comes up. I'm 18 and right now planning on quitting my job, life is pretty tough so a buy like this is a steal- worst case scenario is I could keep it under the covers and register it in the spring.

My problem is that its in Florida, its a long drive to go check it out. Then if I DID buy after test driving it and taking it to a local mechanic, I'd need a uhaul truck for that spare engine. I don't have a lift or anything, so I dunno how I'd store it- and since he wants to get rid of it all, he'd probably want it gone.

Worth checking out thats for sure, amazing looking piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.