Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I just like cars and doing stuff to them no matter what they are, this cobalt was my first car I went all out on compared to the others because I was finally making the big bucks to waste on it, over $7000. Alot of it has come and gone, sold off my headlights and other small things, getting ready to put up my vertical door kit for sale aswell. I was first focused on performance but than got into going to car shows so I had to do visual mods to help draw people in. Now though I am pretty happy with it, going to wait till its paid for before doing anything really big like a better supercharger, coilovers and such.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just like cars and doing stuff to them no matter what they are, this cobalt was my first car I went all out on compared to the others because I was finally making the big bucks to waste on it, over $7000. Alot of it has come and gone, sold off my headlights and other small things, getting ready to put up my vertical door kit for sale aswell. I was first focused on performance but than got into going to car shows so I had to do visual mods to help draw people in. Now though I am pretty happy with it, going to wait till its paid for before doing anything really big like a better supercharger, coilovers and such.
o ok yea i feel ya thats y i didn't start any mods at the moment im still saving ugh its a pain i hope its worth it

·
Registered
505 Posts
When I bought my car it was all after any dealer warranty so I started doing mode right away. I should have it paid off within a few years so in about 2-3 years ill upgrade to a coupe 5 speed ss

·
Registered
477 Posts
had some little things done to the car before (audio, interior lights)
got my SS after starting a "real" job out of Collage so i was making more money
started with little things and its just gotten addictive, haven't done much to performance yet but I WILL!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've never had any mechanical experience when growing up. The reason I've been working with my car is because it gives me the opportunity to learn more about the car itself, keep the car in peak mechanical shape, and keep it looking great. When my car looks and runs good, I feel good. Happy Car, Happy Life haha

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I modded mine to make it look different from others on the road. I like walking out into the parking lot and finding mine in the sea of cars without having to look hard.

I have always tried to make my vehicles stand out in some way.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I bought my car cause it was cheap for what you get. And it seemed (and still seem) reliable. Cobalts are quite a great base for decent build.

I mod my car because it's part of my culture....I'm into b-boying (breakdancing), the hip-hop scene (IE music, the GOOD shit though), snowboarding...basically any kind of self-expressive hip-hop art really (not skateboarding tho lol) so it's only natural that I express myself through my car as well. it's part of my identity.

It's my second car, my first major build, and it will remain my daily driver when I finish my build, and next on the list will be the 370z eventually, after I finish school (1 year left :D), which, of course, I will also be modifying to make my own :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I mod because i hated the stock look of the car. If im gonna keep my car once it is paid off here in a couple months i figure i might as well make it a car i love to look as as much as i love to drive it. Then ofcorse i came to this site and saw all the easy cheap mods that do all sorts of stuff and i go from blowing all my money on video games to my car which i have to say is much more socially acceptable lol. I guess i got "the bug" cause i dont know what to do next but i cant stop figuring it out...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mod because i hated the stock look of the car. If im gonna keep my car once it is paid off here in a couple months i figure i might as well make it a car i love to look as as much as i love to drive it. Then ofcorse i came to this site and saw all the easy cheap mods that do all sorts of stuff and i go from blowing all my money on video games to my car which i have to say is much more socially acceptable lol. I guess i got "the bug" cause i dont know what to do next but i cant stop figuring it out...
lol u and me both this site gave me more idea cause at first i just wanted a subwoofer and thats all

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The reason why I mod and continue to all my vehicles, is that I want to stand out from the crowd. I dont mind factory stuff, but rather, do modifications to benefit any potential the motor has to offer. US EPA Laws restrict the airflow design of the motor to "supposed" decrease the smog output through the exhaust pipe.

In that statement, they are wrong. What us tuners do, is allow for the engine to simply breathe better. Its like someone pressing on your chest and saying "Breathe", notice its rather a bit difficult? Thats the same principal of what an OEM engine is doing. By adding an intake and full exhaust will allow the engine to breathe better, thus resulting in performance and MPG increase.

Far as the outside and customization goes, the tuners basically demonstrate their imagination by putting it onto the vehicle. There really isnt a horrible idea, its just placed wrong. I look for simple and clean look. Something that doesnt advertise myself too much, but gets recognized by other tuners.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ive always been curious about working on cars and into how things work and such, so once my warranty was done it was basically open season. I learned as I went along and thanks to this forum and a couple others, I can now basically dismantle my whole car with like 5 tools. haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive always been curious about working on cars and into how things work and such, so once my warranty was done it was basically open season. I learned as I went along and thanks to this forum and a couple others, I can now basically dismantle my whole car with like 5 tools. haha

yea im more of a person i loves to see how things work ill sit there for hrs taking things apart and put it back where it was with no problem like wit this car i sat there and took all the trim apart but the thing im not good wit yet is the wiring part so yea imma get someone else to do that lol

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
After I bought my 08 sedan I took it for a drive thru Waikiki, and guess what I saw? Like a fricken million cobalt sedan rentals! They're everywhere! So I knew I had to do some work to make mine stand apart. Ever since then I've been hooked

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.