Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Having some issues with my 06 cobalt 2.2 LS. It wont start...I have recently done the following:

Timing Kit
Head gasket
Rings
Bearings
Valve job

The car has 190psi compression throughout, the timing is perfect, I have 55psi fuel pressure..at least at the nipple..I smelled gas when doing the compression test from the left over pressure...so injectors are spraying...

Im guessing between the ICM and the crank sensor? Is there anyone to test if these are bad? Any sort of readings with the multimeter? Please any diagrams would be great, I been working nonstop on this car and I cant get it outta my garage!!

Thank u

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
weird no one answered, someone should be able to help you soon!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Don't know where to start....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually found the problem....the CRANK relay was burned up.....I switched it with one of the Cooling fan relays and car cranked right up.....although after running it for a little while I started noticing misfired....till finally the CEL came on and took it to get checked.....the CKP came up and the random misfire......so I replaced the CKP but now my car wont START AT ALL.....i keep reading about the relearn procedure....is the only one that can do this the dealer?? or can I somehow do it?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Do you mean crank relearn? This should not stop car from starting. Crank relearn does not need dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.