Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i usually just copy about 100 songs to my old 2 gig thumb drive and stick it in my dash, im lucky if i can get half of them to play. im sick of getting so many id3 tag errors and ive tried using a couple programs to completely erase the id3 info from every song once i copy it to the thumb drive and i still get the same errors. does anyone else have this issue? the songs play fine on my pc and my wifes ipod when i hook it to my car thru the same usb port. id rather not have to buy my own ipod, shouldnt need to since i have the usb port but im getting pretty sick of not hearing the songs i want to damnit...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
It should play even without the ID3 tag info, even if the info is wrong.

Have you tried manually updating the ID3 Tags individually on your computer (time consuming yes I know, try going through 285GB of music and doing that and you'll be up with me lol). Other than that, if it is the stock radio, I'm not sure if there is a way to keep it from reading the ID3 Tags, however, I know some aftermarket radios, you just turn of the information scrolling and it will stop reading the tags.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I tried that first actually, deleted all id3 info, didnt work, then tried inputting all the correct info and no luck either, then I got the program that deletes everything itself, no luck either, then I came here. What a pain, guess im gettin myself a used ipod off Craigslist for xmas...

Thanks for trying tho.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
talked to a few guys I know, they said, use the ID3 tag remover, and remove the tags, then open the songs in WMP (Windows Media Player) and it will automatically tag them for you, load them on the USB drive and you should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.