Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I went to the car show lastnight and met 4 other guys wth cobalts. One of the guys had nightshade on there rear lights. He said he only did like 2 coats but anyways told me not to do it to mine bc he has been pulled over like crazy since then. He said the cops has to c the red light up bright. So my idea is if I get a chevy symbol cut out and put it on the rear breaklights and black it out 100%, then remove the symbol and do 1 coat after that lol I think it would sweet when the lights r lit up and the po9s wouldn't b able to pull me over.... what do u guys think? Has any1 ever done it?

·
Registered
720 Posts
They could still pull you over if they wanted...the lights will be darker than factory. Doesn't mean you will or will not get pulled over.

I personally don't like the idea...I like things to look clean...debadged, not too many different things going on at once...so for me Niteshades should be used for the entire thing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ya thats what i did to mine kinda i went a little darker over the chevy sign though. ok so the first time use the emblem it messes it up, so i smeared it and ordered a new light the other one turned out fine because i used tape and then got my other one in the mail and it looked good to. I like it mine is darker though but from the sides you can really see it. Alot of people will ride me close then tell me later how cool it is. Alot of people think i bought it and it was Pricey but then they find out and they want you to do it for them. lol but ya its chillin you should do it. I have only had one ticket for it but it was because i was speeding switching lanes but the highway patrol let me off with it as a non moving violation. But your taillight is supost to be red. Reflector. Thats why white are ok they are a reflector. But ya sorry for rambling. But ya i stole the idea from a guy i used to work with at culvers his car is the reason i got a cobalt its murdered out has 19 in rims coli overs dubble 5% all around thing is amazing. Ya he gets alot of tickets

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
This guy did that exact idea you had. With the chevy symbol to the tail lights. Persnally i didnt like it. The tailights arnt perfectly flat, they have little designs and shit on them, it just didnt look good. But even if you did that they can still pull you over. ANY modification to a tailight is illegal. So if you nightshaded a small circle the sie of a quarter onto your taillight techniclly you could get a ticket for it. (though i doubt that would ever ever happen) you could.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I don't no what im gonna do yet. I wanna get em blacked out lol and I am kinda think if I did the tail lights wth they symbol I thinkn it may b to much on going on n the rear lol could I sent me a pic of it upclose lit up and also in the bright light so I no what it looks like?

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
You should also ask yourself what are your future plans with the exterior color of your car? Are you going to be getting windows tinted new rims and what not, things that would match blacking out your tails? This will help you figure out what you want to do

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its kinda original but im doing all orange and black, windows to leagal limits,rims black, im thinkn about putting mesh in the front grill, im going to go to the local shop and get a custom yourcobalt sticker made (if im alowed 2 lol) and get it made all black, and put em at the bottom of the doors, and black out the tail lights, calapers are already sunburst orange (i have to redo it theo cuz there not that bright) then im either gonna do my trim sunburst orange or carbon fiber (and i wanna get a carbon fiber hood)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can any post there pic?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ok I went to the car show lastnight and met 4 other guys wth cobalts. One of the guys had nightshade on there rear lights. He said he only did like 2 coats but anyways told me not to do it to mine bc he has been pulled over like crazy since then. He said the cops has to c the red light up bright. So my idea is if I get a chevy symbol cut out and put it on the rear breaklights and black it out 100%, then remove the symbol and do 1 coat after that lol I think it would sweet when the lights r lit up and the po9s wouldn't b able to pull me over.... what do u guys think? Has any1 ever done it?
There is a guy on cardomain that did that to his cobalt. With the chevy symbol on the brake lights then night shade. Looks cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.