Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 cobalt ss/sc stock, 102xxx mi.

the last month it did it maybe three time. id walk out to the car get in go to start it but the car would not crank after switching it on and off about 5 times the car started to crank and started like normal after is started the theft light was on gauges would drop below zero or to zero and the power steering would come across the DIC id lose power steeing and then after abt a min everything will go to normal except the theft light being on..... well today i walked out this morning and it wouldnt crank but after 5 time it cranked and started the gauges dropped and the theft light was on and the power steering was gone, the difference today is that the gauges stayed down, power steering stayed off, theft light was on and the temp,coolant,avg econ, avg speed, all those read --- no numbers. as i was driving to the armory the guages would spaz and the DIC sensors would read then go right back out, so i made it to the armory and turned it off and went it to grab my rifle came out went to start it and it would crank again after about 5 times it cranked and started normaly the theft light was on again but the gauges and power steering and the DIC was working..... after the range today i go to start my car and it cranks over the first time and start fine with no theft light nor messed up readings or gauges..... idk whats goin on with this car but its got to be electrical idk if its the computer or what but its driving me insane and i dont have the money to take it to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Change the TCM/ECM fuse top left corner of BCM fuse block. Fuse is only $1, if it cures your problem great, if not no big loss. Pull and re-insert all fuses if you have the time.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If the fuse looks like this change it for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
is it tarnished any?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take pic

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Well photobucket isn't working

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Is their another way to upload a photo

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I would change it and see.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey coby7 it happens again last night I have a video to show you what's goin on but I can't get it to up load onto photo bucket

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I worked on a friends ION this morning with exactly the same problem. Ended up taking the covers off of the steering column and checking the connector at the theft deterrent module, it appeared pulled a little. Pretty flimsy little connector, I respringed the contacts a bit, added dielectric grease and put everything back together. Also pressed in all the connectors at the ignition switch. Now it's a waiting game. Also changed that ECM/TCM fuse in the BCM, which I shouldn't have because if the problem doesn't come back I will not know what the cure was. But I'm also suspecting the actual ignition switch so I told him if it does it again to go purchase a new one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright well let me know when you get an answer if it's fixed please

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Do you have an email I'll send you the video I have. The brake light would flash on last night also and the chime would come on

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.