Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have an idling issue. Every time I come to a stop, my engine bounces from idle to 2.5k about 3-4 times.

A (IAC) replacement was recommended. however taking a hard look at the service manual...I do not seem to have one of these.

Any other thoughts?

2006 SS/SC 2.0L with some 07 electrical parts (fyi)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Clean your throttle body and butterfly, don't forget this has to be done with no key in ignition.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Can't hurt, but yours sounds like dirty injectors. Instead of spraying they squirt.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clean your throttle body and butterfly, don't forget this has to be done with no key in ignition.
Just cleaned the throttle body a few weeks back. With no key in the ignition. Is the butterfly the thing in the throttle body that opens and closes? If so, that's clean too.

I have the car up on ramps right now. Re-cleaned the throttle body for redundancy. The MAP is next to clean.

My Cold-Air is "No Name" not even a name on the filter. =/ Time for a new air filter incase it's disposable.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You might have and intake leak. Check and make sure all clamps are tight. And you must mean "MAF".

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just cleaned the throttle body a few weeks back. With no key in the ignition. Is the butterfly the thing in the throttle body that opens and closes? If so, that's clean too.

I have the car up on ramps right now. Re-cleaned the throttle body for redundancy. The MAP is next to clean.

My Cold-Air is "No Name" not even a name on the filter. =/ Time for a new air filter incase it's disposable.
Sounds like you need your throttle position relearned and that has to be done at a dealer all they do is re program your ecu

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like you need your throttle position relearned and that has to be done at a dealer all they do is re program your ecu
Don't think so!!!!

Did you accidently disconnect the vacuum hose on the throttle body?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You might have and intake leak. Check and make sure all clamps are tight. And you must mean "MAF".
HAHA. Yeah . Meant MAF. And now it's clean. Re-checked all intake connections and they are tight.

Air filter is just drying out now. Looked like "YEARS" of dirt and grime on it. Once it's oiled up I'll strap that on nice and tight and advise if I still have the issue tomorrow.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Can you clean the injectors, or do they have to be replaced?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Well, I put Fuel Injector Cleaner in the tank just about a month ago.

Idling is SO much better today. Instead of it bouncing 2-4 times before settling, now it's only once!

Today I took out the fuel rail to see what injectors I have. Anyone know what these may be? I replaced the o-rings, cleaned the outside of the injectors and around the ports....Not 1 of the 7 previous owners took care of this car. :mad:
It was so dirty....the air filter (K&N) looked like it had not been cleaned for 3-4 years.

And I think the other side said 2599778 .... googled all day with no avail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.