Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could get out of the balt/whatever you have now, what would you go with? The catch, it has to be something you would be able to afford. Not like a freakin Ferrari or something you know would cost you way more than you could do.

I ask cause the thought of moving on has come to my mind, I mean, I love love love my cobalt but I do think about getting something else.

I would look at getting a new Miata MX-5 Sport or a slightly used Power Hard Top model. I remember test driving one when they first came out in 06 and absolutely loved it. Handled amazing and it was small, something I love. The thought a new stang has entered my mind aswell, I am thinking the new 5.0L. I thought about a new Camaro but, they quickly got old for me and I do like the stangs interior alittle more. The new focus looks interesting aswell but I would have to wait till they are out and whether or not a sportier, perhaps ecoboost version would be released. If they came out with one like the RS from europe, I would be there.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, many cars I can afford payment wise in the luxury and such department but add insurance(which is not a bad thing on my end) and most of the cars repairs are just retarded. I can afford some nice stuff but I do not feel like paying a ton for a payment any more. More important things than having a fancy car. I just want cheap-ish and fun.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
88 Pontiac Fiero with 3800 Supercharged swap
Iroc 305 Camaro/Firebird, or 305 RS 88-92 3rd gen/ 3.8L v6 98-02 4th gen
Toyota MR2 2L Turbo (Hard to find low mile non roughed up ones)
300ZX N/A 5 speed (TT waaay too expensive for me)

Yeah thats about all I can afford out of the cars I'd like :push:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I cant afford it right now. but thats because i lost my job. but its only a couple grand more than i paid for my balt. but i found a skyline r33 gtst ready for import. 14,500 total cost. [it is a salvaged title] but i'm okay with that. haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ummm I would go back to a mini truck. Prob something like a 03 or 04 Tacoma. That or I would deff go buy another Ls1 powered fbody....... man I miss my Trans Am :(

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
One of about 5 cars lol
04/05 WRX STI,
94-96 Camaro Z28,
97-00 Corvette,
99/00 Civic SIR
08-10 SS/TC

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
saturn sky redline- i get a chubby everytime i see one.

01-05 z06.. those things are super affordable right now.. 20-25k range

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
other than the cobalt, i honestly don't really care for any of the cars being produced looks-wise in the last few years. so, i'd prob go for an older car.

the mitsubishi eclipse has always been a car i've wanted to own (one in the '90-'98 yr range, AWD). so i think i'd go for that. or a '87-'92 toyota supra.
lol one of those supras had a major fail today... they definately cannot beat an ss lol

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.