Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the title says... if you won 20million what would you do with it?

I would pay off my brother's house and my parent's house. Give them each a mill.
Pay off all of my own debts and buy this farm I used to work at. Live in the cottage on the property that's amazingly hidden in the back and backs onto a river. Demolish the house on the property and put a 10 car garage there instead with a hoist for my husband. then turn the farm into an adoption farm for horses. Go to the slaughter auctions and bring back what I could.
I'd give each of my husbands side a mill.
I'd give 500,000 to my step daughter, two nieces and one nephew. But I'd put it in a saving account to gain interest seen as the oldest is 6. I'd want them to go through school and get some form of education after highschool or start their own business before I gave it to them. I don't want them becoming lazy bums and doing nothing with there life cuz it was all handed to them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't help them out along the way but I'd want them to live up to their full potential. I wouldn't even tell them the money is there till they were like 30.
I'd donate 1mill each to a couple health charities like the heart and stroke foundation and cancer foundations or sick kids hospitals or something. Then another mill to an animal rescue society. And continue donating yearly.

As for toys... I'd get a CTS 4 for me, G8 for my husband, get the LS all fixed up all purdy, restore my trans am, make rocket a 9 second base model G5, a truck for the farm and a horse trailer.

I think that's about it. Now only if I could win the lottery lol

What would you guys do? $20 mill budget.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: you'd revive GM!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Buy a house, a decent house. Maybe a 800,000 house.
Buy a Ford f-150 harley davidson edition
Buy a trailblazer SS for my girlfriend
Buy a corvette ZR-1 for me.
Buy a nice boat
New guitar and amp
Pay off my parents house and all they're credit car debts and whatnot.
Then go on and live my life, i honestly dont think i would quit my job, and id finish college. And Get married in like 3 years and start a family.

Oh and go on the biggest vacation of my life! id take a month off and go to some carribean islands or something.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it wasn't for the fact that I'd have my own farm to take care of, I wouldn't quit my job either. I love my job. I've been here for 3.5yrs. Wish it paid more but passion/sanity is more important to me then money.

·
Registered
318 Posts
pay off my debts, then those of my parents and in-laws. Buy some land and build a retirement home for Ford Aspires, complete with an on-call mechanic for pulling parts, LOL. I'd also buy an old hearse and fix it up.

I'd keep my job though, just to have something to do.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If I had 20 million dollars the first thing I would do is pay off all my bills and buy myself a house, nothing really big. 4 bed, 3 bath and 2 car garage. Then I would help out my immediate family with bills and paying off there homes. I would most certainly have to continue working or start my own business because I would go crazy sitting around the house plus you have to keep money coming it or you will be broke before you know it. Then I would have to find the car I have always wanted and that is a 1998 Toyota Supra, bone stock so I can have it modified the way I want it. That would be my weekend car. Then just live my life one day at a time.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'd blow most of it lol. the first five would be
-buy a Huge house
-buy Skyline(canada so f*** ya)
-buy a 69 camaro
-buy my rents a place in Phoenix
-just blow a couple million with impulse buys...
after that I'd be super cheap and make it last

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember if you save some of this cash even if it's only a mill most people can comfortably live off just the interest alone a year. Good to hear most people would keep there jobs though. That's why I'd want a rescue farm. I work at a horse farm now and love it. If I could just walk out my door and do my job though that would be even more badass lol.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Pay all my crap off, which isnt alot, so i'd have enough to pay off parents stuff & my sister's s10... put a crap load in the bank, give some to Church, BAG THE LOBALT, buy a Nissan Hardbody, bag & body drop it, paint, system, the works... buy a nice house w/ at least a 3 car garage, for the balt, hardbody, daily... lol... oh & for a daily... hmmm... another Scion tC for a daily cuz i wouldnt need a 4x4 b/c i'd move somewhere I didnt have to have one anymore... haha... but the tC would be low too, just not bagged... untill i got the itch again & i'd bag it & have to buy another daily... so in order to NOT ALLOW myself to bag it, i'd get a 4x4... which would be something sexy to pull my trailer cuz my hardbody/balt would be a trailer queen to shows...bahahaha! Oh, & i'd buy new clothes & shoes & a black Evo VIII... get mom a new SUV, dad a big dozer & a new saddle for the horse, and prob buy my sister a 'yota for her project truck...HAHAHA... i would find another job in the new area i moved to tho... wow... if only. HAHAHA

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lobalt what kind of horse do you have?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Give 50-100K to every member of the fam and my best friends, cept for my little cousin I'd put it in the bank for him till hes 20.

I'd buy myself a medium/ decent sized house, with a nice amount of property and have a 10 car garage built with a lift in one of the bays and a mini mechanics haven. As for cars, I'd buy every generation of the Camaro, a Vette ZR-1, Skyline, Eleanor Mustang in the highest trim, a mint condition Supra TT and Fairlady 300ZX TT.

I'd have a small machine shop lab built in a separate little building next to the house having a CNC/ lathe/ drill press and all the good stuff for making my own custom parts.

On my property, I'd build my own little dirtbike track and host races every weekend. I wouldn't mind a little shifter kart track too.

The rest I'd put in savings, and probably invest with it.

Just to add, I hope if any of you that are parents make it big- I hope you don't give your kids everything they want and make them spoiled brats. Now I go to a college where kids drive new 2010 SS Camaros and Benzes- the works. Spoon fed ass***** is what they are, too bad they never learned the meaning of hard work before getting a butt load of cash getting dumped on them. I'm fortunate for growing up relatively poor, I'm grateful I've learned the meaning of hard work and money- and will pass that on to my own kids.

Tom.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
she's just an American Saddlebread (i think), nothing fancy... her name is Moo. HAHAHA
but she's a good horse, funny too. haha
haha awww. My husband calls my horse a cow. lol it's cuz she's fat. she's a percheron so shes bigger built but shes def fat to haha

Just to add, I hope if any of you that are parents make it big- I hope you don't give your kids everything they want and make them spoiled brats. Now I go to a college where kids drive new 2010 SS Camaros and Benzes- the works. Spoon fed ass***** is what they are, too bad they never learned the meaning of hard work before getting a butt load of cash getting dumped on them. I'm fortunate for growing up relatively poor, I'm grateful I've learned the meaning of hard work and money- and will pass that on to my own kids.

Tom.

I agree, hence why any of the kids wouldn't be getting any of it till they did something with themselves.

·
Registered
277 Posts
well first off, i would not tell a soul about the money when i got it. also, i would get it all in cash. I would buy a foreclosed house for about 30k and make it a stash house for all my money. the security on that house is prolly going to cost me another 10k-15k. after that, i would purchase 4-5 houses near the university and then just rent them out to college kids. I would give my parents a mil and tell em were even. prolly give my brothers 500k each. my cousins 250k each and same wit my aunts/uncles. I would pay off all my credit card debt and then buy a buncha shit on credit and pay it back that month so i could get my credit back up.

after all that was taken care of, i would prolly buy a badass house ($500,000 around here) in the foothills and fill it with some pretty nice stuff. definitely do everything i want to, to the balt. and then pick up a brand new benz as my new whip, as well as a new truck, prolly just a 2500 or something just to have.

then, i would prolly invest in a business, and save the rest!

20 mil is A LOT! lol

·
Registered
810 Posts
buy a cts-v and send it to hennessey... then after give some money to family for shit ....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would buy a house. Nothing over the top or too fancy but something you could get lost in. Then id buy a tahoe and a challenger. Make the balt what ive always wanted. and still use it as my dd. buy a gibson les paul. and never play it. Buy another les paul. and play the shit outta it. Then i would buy my gf a pretty nice engagment ring. give some to family. buy a boat. invest. give to charity. get my kids through college. buy a big tv. for every room. ohh. and a taco bell for my backyard

·
Registered
757 Posts
if i had 20 million dollars, i would buy new clothes, and a whole lotta parts for my cobalt :) then i would save the rest for when i got older to pay off dental school, buy a lifted truck, buy a waterfront house, then save the rest for future bills or kids

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.