Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had a problem with there ignition switch not wanting to turn on.
When i put the key in my '08 LT2 sedan (24thousand miles) . It wont turn half of the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue as well...:suspicious::suspicious:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with there ignition switch not wanting to turn on.
When i put the key in my '08 LT2 sedan (24thousand miles) . It wont turn half of the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue as well...:suspicious::suspicious:
just make sure your steering wheel isnt locked, cause if it is, you cant turn the key.

Solution: wiggle the steering wheel around a bit while trying to turn the key.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tryed many times to lock the steering wheel but i cant seem to get it to lock.
so could this be a larger problem that i need to take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
yes, i would suggest that. alot of people have had issues with parts pertaining to the ignition/tumbler and if i do recall, there is a TSB about it

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
this has happened to me a few times. the wheel locked up and i couldn't turn the ignition
you just have to wiggle the wheel and get it unlocked

·
Registered
139 Posts
That happens with my '08 almost every time I go to start it. I think I might actually be caused by wear on the tumblers. I find that if I wiggle the key a little after it happens it will turn normaly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive had problems removing the key after turning off the engine, i have to jiggle the gear knob.....it also clicks repetedly occasionally when i turn the key.....click, click, click!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.