Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, a while back I had trouble with my ignition cylinder locking up. The dealer replaced it under warranty. Yesterday, I had some odd problems with the engine not even turning over. Everything lit up like it was supposed to, but when I started it, it wouldnt turn.
I almost think they didnt tighten a wire up under there like it was supposed to.
Thoughts?:blink:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
they won't click if it's terribly dead, but your power will come on, and everything will dim as if amperage is going to the starter. if the car does not start and your accessories turn off it means either...oh boy

a. your body control module fuse is blown (fuse is next to battery)
(check the dash to make sure the locked light is not coming up, it's yellow in the bottom right corner of the lights section lol)
b. someone didn't tighten down the 7mm harness bolts in the fuse box well enough, although i don't know why anyone would remove the fuse box to do a job like this whether it be the steering column or key cylinder

or it could just be

c. your parking safety switch is out of place/broken. take the trim off surrounding the shifter and inspect. the switch is a little thin metal lever. (only if you have an auto trans)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.