Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having my cobalt since november and there have been a few problems, number one it is a 2005 coupe bought with 77k miles for $5500...pretty good deal.

2 months ago some shit broke and we had to take it to the dealer to get fixed and it ended up costing like 1000 dollars, we had to take in the steering to fixed with the recall when it came out. and over all the car is just cheap and to me, not worth the money. everything is cheap and the seats are uncomfortable haha

So recently I gave the car to my mom (Im 17 years old) and am car-less lol

I just got a job and make like 500 a paycheck so I am going to get a new car in winter time.

I enjoyed fixing up the car and all this and that but my parents always got mad about the sound system and me painting the lights...im done with it !!

I just want to have my own money, buy my own car, and do my own thing lol

I am still curious about what car to get but my dad has a 1999 cadillac deville 70k miles and it runs perfect, no problems since we bought it 5 years ago at 20k miles...very good brand.

I am interested in the cadillac sts...any opinions ?? probably a 1999 at 100k miles...??

and also, I am selling most of my car stuff to prepare for the other car which will be better.

I have 2 jensen speaker 6x9. (Name your price, Im nearly giving away for free !!)

2 rockford fosgate t112d2 subs one IS broken, but still has value. (name your price !! at lowest maybe 50 for both if YOU cover shipping or pick up.

1 kenwood kfc-w3012 subwoofer 400 W RMS perfect condition and under warranty till december (will sell for 50 if YOU schedule shipping or pick up)

1 eclipse XA1200 amp 350 W RMS perfect condition and under warranty till december (Will sell for 80-100 if pick up/shipping is arranged)

and that is about it, if anything else I can find I will add later.

I am looking for 24 inch rims, other car audio things, other car parts all for my future car in december. I am willing to trade or bargain. HMU

I have not put any of this on craigslist or anything yet. I thought I would give you guys the first oppurtunity to try to buy it and if not sold here I will put it on craigslist for more and try to make me a profit haha

I live in okc

If any questions for me either comment on here or TEXT me at 405-509-3708

Thank you all !! Chris

·
Registered
674 Posts
you are barking up the wrong tree when asking questions about Cadillac... They are made by the same company, you know that right???

Only difference is the fit and finish, all the parts under Cadillacs are almost identicle to most chevy's... Hell they even made a cavalier sized cadillac in the early ninetys...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no man, on a cadillac, refering to my dads '99 they are wayyy better. the sound system is amazing for a stock version, the computers, ride...it may be made by GM but so is ford and pontiac and some other. Even if so, I would rather drive the catera (90's cavalier) then an actual cavalier !! haha

·
Registered
280 Posts
The HUGE problem about owning a Caddy at your age is the insurance. Always price that when you are looking to buy a car, especially young. Coming from experience... I wanted the huge rims, sound system, etc. It's a waste of money now that I'm a bit older and it can be invested into something like fixing your car or making it perform better. I put a lot of money now into the appearance of my car. I'm hoping to do the performance money in down the road, but for now it's all looks. I think looks sell cars too, so if I wanted to get rid of it, at least it's appealing with no engine modifications done.

To get back on topic... look for a cheap car that won't cost you too much. That way when you are older, you can use the saved money and invest in something REALLY nice. And I know it's hard to find something cheap and won't cost, but TRY!

·
Registered
83 Posts
no man, on a cadillac, refering to my dads '99 they are wayyy better. the sound system is amazing for a stock version, the computers, ride...it may be made by GM but so is ford and pontiac and some other. Even if so, I would rather drive the catera (90's cavalier) then an actual cavalier !! haha
Ford is not made by GM btw...

sorry i read that and it just bothered me. Ford is their own company. And they suck ass, because i had a ford and it was nearly fixed or repaired daily.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yea I read that and was like hmmm. But I would just buy a new balt and have your parents co-sign. lower interest rates. These are great cars. That is what you get for buying used.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
and thats what you get for buying a car that has a $16,000 price tag...cant expect too much out of them

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Oh lord.... Let me clear this up.

General motors -> the now main makes are Chevy, Buick, GMC and Cadillac, after they got rid of Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Hummer, and Saturn

Ford -> Ford, Lincoln, and Volvo (which is part of the global market based from Sweden), after they just recently ended production of Mercury

Chrysler -> Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep

The reason you find the cadillac much nicer than the cobalt bc its msrp is at least twice as much if not more

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
the "catera" was FAR from a cavi...the catera was built by saab and badged as a caddy,

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

the "catera" was FAR from a cavi...the catera was built by saab and badged as a caddy,
the car u r refuring too is the cimarron

the cavalear, skyhawlk, sunbird, Cimarron

those 4 cars are rated the worst of the early 90's...

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Oh lord.... Let me clear this up.

General motors -> the now main makes are Chevy, Buick, GMC and Cadillac, after they got rid of Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Hummer, and Saturn

Ford -> Ford, Lincoln, and Volvo (which is part of the global market based from Sweden), after they just recently ended production of Mercury

Chrysler -> Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep

The reason you find the cadillac much nicer than the cobalt bc its msrp is at least twice as much if not more
gm also owns saab, and ford is partnered with mazda as well, chrysler also has plymouth back in the day, GM also has holden

·
Registered
201 Posts
GM just recently closed Saab since they couldn't sell it, and as a note about Volvo it was bought by a Chinese company.

As to your Cobalt, sorry to hear your problems because I have an '07 with 65k+ miles and I have never had a problem with it, so it's really just luck of the draw, the same thing could happen with any car.

And as for your new car...I honestly can't sympathize with any of your choices for your next car, and not just it being a Caddy (which is nice, but not really anything for a 17 year old)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.