Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my names manuel. im 15 but turn 16 in september. my mom bought me a car under the conditions that i have to pay for full coverage on the car and for any repairs the car may need later on. so im now the proud owner of a 05 yellow cobalt! iv actually posted two threads in this lobby allready but thought i would introduce myself now.

ill post pics of the car as soon as i can but right now its in storage until i get my license in september. hopefully before then i can paint the trim of the car and get some other things done with your guys help!:nuts:

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Welcome, let us know if there is anything we can help you with, feel free to browse through the forums, and the DYI section, to give yourself some ideas and inspiration.

·
Registered
124 Posts
welcome! i think you might be the youngest member....but i could be wrong. what model cobalt did you get?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome! i think you might be the youngest member....but i could be wrong. what model cobalt did you get?
i was actually trying to figure that out last night. its an 05 yellow cobalt. it has pioneer speakers installed and a sunroof, steering wheel controls, power locks and windows. i have no idea what model it is.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
is it supercharged? im guessing its stick shift by your name. But try and find out what model car it is, or what size engine.

2.4/2.2/2.0

Thats going to be important if you plan on modding your engine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
damn i used to be the youngest one on here lol. welcome :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
im 74.....jk haha

·
Registered
496 Posts
damn i used to be the youngest one on here lol. welcome :)
ah man, gotcha beat by a year. im only 17. but 15 is pretty damn young too

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is it supercharged? im guessing its stick shift by your name. But try and find out what model car it is, or what size engine.

2.4/2.2/2.0

Thats going to be important if you plan on modding your engine.
lol yea it is a stick shift, i find them funner to drive. and how can i tell what size engine it is? man i need to get a little more knowledgable on cars.

·
Registered
201 Posts
lol yea it is a stick shift, i find them funner to drive. and how can i tell what size engine it is? man i need to get a little more knowledgable on cars.
Sport coupe is 2.4L, LT and LS are 2.2, and SS is 2.0 turbocharged(I think). Sounds like you have a 2.2, or at least that's what I would guess from what you've described.

·
Registered
201 Posts
LS is the more base model of the Cobalt with less ameninites than LT, which comes with power windows, mirrors, etc.

So you if you don't have power windows, you most likely have an LS.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well according to the dealer, we bought an ls. but from what iv looked up and what people have to told me on here that cant be right cuz the car has the pioneer package thing and power windows, locks, a sunroof as well as steering wheel controls.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.