Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on in awhile and havent owned a cobalt in awhile haha I am, however, going to look at an SS tomorrow so I may get back in the game. Wondered if any of the older members were still active on the site like IMAdreamer?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I don't get the cobalt, I'm gonna go ahead and port some PI heads and throw a set of Hi Tech stg 2 cams, springs, and oversized valves in the mustang and get it tuned and make 315rwhp. If not, I'm gonna buy the balt and turbo or tvs swap it with fuel and supporting mods.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome back

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We will see my friend. I found a nice buy on an 05 ss/sc for 10k 55k miles still under warranty and stock. I'm definately considering it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, welcome back man! how's that stang treating you?
I hate it! Haha I've had some issues with it power steering pump, 2 water pumps, synchros and half shafts in tranny going bad. Time for a different car or a build to start haha. Btw maybe a stage 2 guy can answer this for me, what is the usual Trap speed for a stage 2 cobalt stock tires? Just wondered since a guy at a cruise in had a stg 2 with exhaust said it trapped 108 which seems high to me.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I hate it! Haha I've had some issues with it power steering pump, 2 water pumps, synchros and half shafts in tranny going bad. Time for a different car or a build to start haha. Btw maybe a stage 2 guy can answer this for me, what is the usual Trap speed for a stage 2 cobalt stock tires? Just wondered since a guy at a cruise in had a stg 2 with exhaust said it trapped 108 which seems high to me.
Are you really surprised? There is a reason they circled your problem brother. I'm not a stage II guy, but I can tell you that a trap of 108 is a bottom 13 possibly high 12 car. A stage II cobalt isn't likely to do that. Especially not on stock rubber.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Welcome back man, yeah I remember when you first bought that mustang and sold your ls, those were the days I had an ls myself, then got an ss, never looked back since. I would say go TVS!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Welcome back man. Let us know how you make out with that Balt tomarrow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.