Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am having a very strange issue when my engine is cold i back out of my drive way and take off it accelerates fine til i stop at the stop sign when taking off from stop sign the car starts to move but wont go any faster regardless of how hard im pushing the throttle but then will suddenly take off once the car warms up its fine ive been to the dealership the throttle body was replaced all 4 plugs and 2 ignition coils replaced but still does the same thing they say they cant replicate the issue no cel any ideas
2007 chevy cobalt LS 2.4 automatic trans thanks in advance

·
Registered
622 Posts
i am having a very strange issue when my engine is cold i back out of my drive way and take off it accelerates fine til i stop at the stop sign when taking off from stop sign the car starts to move but wont go any faster regardless of how hard im pushing the throttle but then will suddenly take off once the car warms up its fine ive been to the dealership the throttle body was replaced all 4 plugs and 2 ignition coils replaced but still does the same thing they say they cant replicate the issue no cel any ideas
2007 chevy cobalt LS 2.4 automatic trans thanks in advance

Before I read the part about the new throttle body I was thinking maybe a dirty throttle body plate but never mind that idea. It could possibly be a fuel system problem but I'm not too familiar with those and why performance would improve as the vehicle is warmer. Something like this might require Coby's expertise :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Any check engine lights?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Does the engine throttle up and your not moving, or the engine is just hesitant?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the engine will throttle up and the car will move slowly then like catch up and take off allmost like thers a delay

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check transmission fluid levels, I think that's one of the symptoms of low fluid.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
^^ this too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.