Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided that since I'm getting rims I want to make my brakes look better. So today I just did the rear drums. I will get around to doing the front calipers later on.

First I sand blasted the drums

then I plugged/taped off the holes and applied powder

and here is the finished product after baking the powder. It is actually black chrome color

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

I will update the thread after I do the calipers and actually have the new rims on

new pics..

Update

results after metallic clear top coat...

Updated 5/12/10

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
sick dude.
i wish i could do this stuff

·
Registered
349 Posts
looks good.

I am getting mine done soon but for the front calipers is it ok to powdercoat them?

what do u do about rubber piston boot when u bake it?

will it ruin the rubber piston boot cover?

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
looks sick. dad has one of those machines that does power coating i think, but i'd never figure it out. so i'ma spray paint mane haha. looks amazing!

·
Registered
197 Posts
looks great! you'll have to make sure to post some close ups of your new setup once its all installed, i want to see how sick these look when your new rims go on over em

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments everyone!! I will address a multiquote now..

looks good.

I am getting mine done soon but for the front calipers is it ok to powdercoat them?

what do u do about rubber piston boot when u bake it?

will it ruin the rubber piston boot cover?
yes the front calipers are more work. you have to remove all of the rubber pieces or the heat will destroy them. That is why I did the drums first because they are the easiest lol. I will update the thread with the process once i do it.

looks sick. dad has one of those machines that does power coating i think, but i'd never figure it out. so i'ma spray paint mane haha. looks amazing!
lol dude it's very simple if you really want to do it. I mean if you have the hook up for powdercoating I say go for it!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
small update

I put my rims on so I have a shot of the drums behind the new rims. lookin pretty nice IMO.

Still planning on doing the calipers sometime.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
damn i'd like to do that on my balt

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Looks good! I need to do my calipers one of these days!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Looks awesome. You might want to think about painting the inside of your wheel wells flat black. You know, the red part.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm thinking that's gonna get sprayed with black undercoating eventually so that would be the same outcome.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.