·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
89,000 KM
4 Door Sedan
Has winter tires on it: Hankook I Pikes

I also have a set of 4 summer tires: Yokohama Avid Ascend - used for 3 weeks and cost me $700

Its a great car and reliable. I bought it at 40,000 km and have run synthetic oil since then. but the only thing is that there are 3 scratches on the hood (about 3 inches long for each) which was made by a horse. And 4 scratches which are about 2 inches each on the driver side door. And the window has 2 cracks

So I'm just wondering what is a realistic amount to ask? I went to a dealership to buy it off me and they offered me $2000 but my bottom line was $2500 for some quick cash. What should I ask for a private deal?

Thank you.

Additional Details
MANUAL TRANSMISSION
NO AIR CONDITIONING

I BOUGHT IT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. THEY ASKED $7200 AND I GOT THEM DOWN TO $5700 CASH

* I don't really want to sell it but I NEED money because I'm waiting for my new job to start and I really need the money

looks exactly like this car. same colour

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'd hit the hood with the decent touch-up paint if you haven't...or see what a local place would charge for a blend job to make them less visible if they are deep scratches.

I'd say 4500~ or so is a fair price, the no A/C bit will kind of kill it for most though.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
ac is for pussys anyway.

:p

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If that pussy is lining your pockets with money, he/she can love/hate AC all they want.

Ha.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^^^^^ yep. Good that its low mileage and 2 sets of tires. I'd ask 5 obo and wouldn't go less than 4

I used synthetic as well. I know its a great car its just hope nobody is turned off by the scratches :(

I'd hit the hood with the decent touch-up paint if you haven't...or see what a local place would charge for a blend job to make them less visible if they are deep scratches.

I'd say 4500~ or so is a fair price, the no A/C bit will kind of kill it for most though.
I tried using touch up paint on my car but it looks darker than the paint already on my car lol :laugh: so i didnt bother putting it on the hood

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I will say asking $4995.00. I just have to wash my car and vacuum it out and it will be ready to go

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Selling tip: Run up the price and put "OBO". That way when the potential buyer lowballs you to the price you originally wanted, you both win.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
:( I hardly ever roll down my windows :/...70% of the time I ran on A/C :(.....how does that makes me a pu$$y ? :$ :( loooool !!!!

Maybe you already answer this question OP but I may passed it unnotice which trim is the car ?...

LS

it is exactly like this car. hast tint in the back windows as well. that is the same colour as my car

·
Registered
288 Posts
I tried using touch up paint on my car but it looks darker than the paint already on my car lol :laugh: so i didnt bother putting it on the hood

Well have you tried making a safety net around the scratches, then layering the paint? See with my paint job GM calls it gray, even though it looks blue. I have to spray let dry and spray again to get to that blueish color. Lol we have the same color, just saw that now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well have you tried making a safety net around the scratches, then layering the paint? See with my paint job GM calls it gray, even though it looks blue. I have to spray let dry and spray again to get to that blueish color. Lol we have the same color, just saw that now.

no i never bothered trying it. i threw the bottle away already though lol. i'll just sell it as is and see what happens. ill let you all know if i'm able to sell it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On my ad I said $5000 O.B.O. A guy offered me $3000. I said I can come down to 4500. He said he will do $4000 tops. Turned it down. Anything under $4500 I feel like I am getting fleeced to be honest

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Clean Title?
Yeah never been in an accident or anything. 100% paid off. I paid cash when i bought it. All good.

Only reason why I am not asking $5500-$6000 is the scratch on the hood and at the side of the car

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

I would upload the real thing in the morning but it is night time right now lol. But this is basically the only things wrong with the car is these 3 sets of scratches. Other than that and the cracked window there is nothing wrong with the car. The only reason my car got those scratches is from my grandpa's horse. I just didn't bother mentioning it to him because he is in his 80's and I didn't want him to feel bad about it.

would it hurt he value that much? Its noticeable if you go up close to the car but doesn't seem that that bad. The only one which is really noticeable is the one by the driver side. Any insight? I cannot afford to get the paint re done right now. Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

I just thought that since I threw in the new summer tires (only used 3 weeks) which are Yokohama Avid Ascend which cost me $700-$750 around there, that i could sell it for around $4500 - $5000.

Does have good winter tires that are studded as well . I'm wondering if I should have taken the $4000 offer? All my friends told me to take no less than $5000 but I don't know If i can get $5000. Im hopeing to get $4500 cash honestly

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just took these pics this morning

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

the scratch on the driver side that looks like squiggles lol

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Scratch on the hood of the car

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Scratch right at the front of the hood. (note this was done by a horse) lol

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

note that the little triangle looking thing near the hood is from facebook. i had to take the pics from my phone, up load on facebook, then upload on a picture uploading site lol

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I took as great of care of this car as I could. The only thing wrong with it is the scratches. Only reason they got there is when I went inside my grandpa's house to go get him (5-10 minutes) then when we were leaving I noticed his horse chewed on my car.

Should I have taken the $4000? or should I hold out for $4300-4500? I am asking $5000 on my ad. Any input I would appreciate very much

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hahahahaah I'm sorry but why would a horse chewed your car xD !!!??

IMHO Wait :)..... I've sell cars on the past as my primary cash income and if you rush the sell you will always get less than what you deserve. You own the carm you know how it drives and how good or bad it is, so you know what is worth. Be patient and confident of your sell, people will ALWAYS try to throw you off and offer even $2,000 But is really up to you if you take it or don't be fooled :D.
When I got my cobalt is a 2005 LS Base model I bought it in 2009 with 30K Miles on it for $3,200 cash for it... The owner of the car was really on sure of the value, didn't know if he was asking too much or too little so I was the lucky one who offered that amount and I still have it, best part of it is that if I sell it right know I will still make money out of it :D...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahahahaah I'm sorry but why would a horse chewed your car xD !!!??

IMHO Wait :)..... I've sell cars on the past as my primary cash income and if you rush the sell you will always get less than what you deserve. You own the carm you know how it drives and how good or bad it is, so you know what is worth. Be patient and confident of your sell, people will ALWAYS try to throw you off and offer even $2,000 But is really up to you if you take it or don't be fooled :D.
When I got my cobalt is a 2005 LS Base model I bought it in 2009 with 30K Miles on it for $3,200 cash for it... The owner of the car was really on sure of the value, didn't know if he was asking too much or too little so I was the lucky one who offered that amount and I still have it, best part of it is that if I sell it right know I will still make money out of it :D...
I guess they like the taste of paint? lol. My cousin has a 2013 Volkswagon Jetta Diesel car and the same horse did that to her car lol. I would have went insane if it was a 25-30k car though lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.