Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i posted i countldnt get into my trunk, now before you ask questions let me tell you why. :p

- my trunk button dont work at the moment as my fuse is loose or it needs a new one.

- my key goes in the back but doesnt turn because the guy i bought it off didnt use the trunk.

so today i made it my goal to get my trunk open somehow, and with lots of suggestions in my last post, i found a easier way, at first i grabbed a stick and reached between the seats and tried to pull the emergency yellow thing, nothing.

so then i just happened to look up, and BAM! i seen the seat levers to fold the seats, so i poked that with the stick and TADA! presto, the seats were down and i could pop my trunk! :)

so word the wise, if you ever cant get into your trunk for whatever reasin, and the levers for the back seats are in the back, here you go :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Glad you figured it out. I didn't know you could put a stick between the two seat halves or I would have suggested that. The rear seats have a latch release for the trunk, so you can easily fold the seats down without getting into the car first. Congrats, glad that worked for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
you sir are resourceful, always more than 1 way to skin a cat

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you figured it out. I didn't know you could put a stick between the two seat halves or I would have suggested that. The rear seats have a latch release for the trunk, so you can easily fold the seats down without getting into the car first. Congrats, glad that worked for ya.
actuAlly, to be completly honest i could fit my whole arm between the seats LOL

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

you sir are resourceful, always more than 1 way to skin a cat
exactly!!!

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

So my folding the seats idea kinda worked!?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Did you get your car started?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
kinda sorta i guess ;p and another problem, my moms car is drove in the garage and mine is backed up so there is noway of my cables reaching from the front of her car to the back of mine :(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There's a boost post under the hood.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

See where my aligator clip is hook to on the fuse block, that's the boost post.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Under the red cap.....é

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a boost post under the hood.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

See where my aligator clip is hook to on the fuse block, that's the boost post.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Under the red cap.....é

oh wow i didnt know there were fuses there also, and yes we tried boosting from the front, and nothing but a click from the starter.... maybe didnt keep it there long enough idk :(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Or you didn't have a good contact with your clamps

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I went to U Auto Pull it to get the wingless trunk lid the donor car's trunk was latched shut, of course with no batt the button wont pop it, so my firefighter skills kicked in and I tore the rear seats out and crawled through to hit the e latch. Keep in mind this car was filled to the brim with junk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.