Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created my account just over 2 years ago when I installed a new wheel bearing and hub assembly. For some reason at the time the site wasn't sending me the account verification emails so I could never post on the forums. It seems to be working now so I guess I can participate in community discussions instead of just lurking in the shadows.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Welcome!

I drive an 09 Imperial Blue Metallic Sedan too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read your post that you've been posting on facebook more lately and recently came back to these forums so welcome back to you as well. ;) I still need to read up more on all the differences between the LT & SS cobalts aside from the suspension. I saw that you used to drive a 07 Cobalt LS - did that have the FE1 suspension in it? I'm thinking about upgrading to an FE5 suspension eventually, maybe next year if it really does make that much of an improvement. I do prefer a soft ride though so not sure if changing over to FE5 is right for me. Been looking for side by side comparison videos on youtube but haven't seen anything.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The stock SS ride is not harsh. I feel it's the way all cobalts should have come. My LS was FE1, then I swapped in FE5 struts and Tein S Tech lowering springs. It was decent for while, but the struts eventually gave out making it terrible. But in your case just about everything FE5 can be swapped in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts