Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive a 2k6 Toyota Matrix XR and a 2k10 Cobalt and I must say my 'trix light 10X more wide, far and bright than my Cobalt. Stock -vs- stock as well. I must say the Matrix is a little exceptional for headlights performances, but there is probably a way to improve my Cobalt night vision?

I'm confused between a few things... projectors... better bulbs... or full HID kit... or other?? What are just cosmetic mods and what really improve the lighting?

Actually money is a concern (new house, second child on the way, etc...) so I'm looking for a cheap way to improve my night driving.

Thank you very much!! :blink1:

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I put a set of them on my wife's Buick, and they made a world of difference for a lot less money than the fancy stuff.

·
Registered
567 Posts
the above is true! I felt the same way.....I thought to myself, i could get more light out of a dollar store flashlight than these bulbs they have in there that were stock....get the brightest ones tho....i had the silverstars in my trailblazer and liked them, then put the "ultra silverstars" in my balt and it was even nicer....good luck

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Silver Stars definitely helped my situation. I have also had good luck with GE Nighthawk bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Yes with the Cobalt, the only way is to upgrade the bulbs. Other vehicles have much better lighting due to the design of the reflector.

My Buell uses the same bulb for both high and low beam, it is the design of the reflector that makes the high beam side brighter. Also had a recall on the bike, because the material used in the reflectors was degrading and lessening light output on both sides.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Silver star, yet bright, do not last long. My sisters mazda and dads truck have them, looks great but replacement is more often then wanted.

Anyone know some good bulbs that would fit in Spyder Halo Projectors?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
In many cases you sacrifice power and performance for endurance. Higher power lights do not last as long as normal lights, due to the increased power outage. You sacrifice endurance for increased night visibility and safety.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well I just bought Philips VisionPlus from Kmart for $14.99. How are thses bulbs? They didn't have Xtreme version but only the Crystal vision which I don't like the blue coating..

·
Registered
435 Posts
You right though. They're a tad brighter on the spreading, aiming the road BUT still not further enough that I can see the road reflectors, signs etc.

I'll get an HD headlight harness and see how that goes. Uncertain if Silverstars or Nighthawks alone will make a difference.

·
Registered
674 Posts
They will, trust me, that was the first thing I did was buy Silverstars... they came in a silvery blue packaging, now they have new ones called Ultras, and those are really nice, yeah they cost 50 bucks for two, but it is well worth it. they really are brighter and wider and longer, percentage wise than stock... the ones I bought were rated 30% longer 25% wider and 40% brighter, and they were. These new ones out now are 50% brighter, 40% longer and 30% wider

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Just get hids. Nothings even close

·
Registered
418 Posts
You bought 50 dollar bulbs?! buy h.I.d. S u can get them like 60 shipped from where I buy them . Top of the line ones for 80 shipped

·
Registered
840 Posts
personally, i like the 3rd gen halo projectors with the LEDs on the bottom. but if you get a HID kit for your stock headlights could you still use the kit if you get projectors later?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.